The New Raith Rovers Thread

Great draw, hopefully Stark's won't be too far away from a full house. Would hope for 5000 at least, and a chance to do them over as well. Different circumstances to the friendly match.

A brilliant game for us financially given that it is easy enough to get too and from the game on the train from Edinburgh. We really should be looking at a sell-out in the away end. As for our own support, the people of Kirkcaldy and surrounding areas consistently moaned about the prices and then failed to show up when we put them down to £10 for two cup games. I guess it will only really show this week when we see the attendence on the back of last weeks win.

At the risk of sounding like a gloom merchant then I don't really see an upturn in crowds anytime soon. The only thing that will change that is if we go on a run and challenge near the top of the league.

That's why the Hearts game and to some extent the Dunfermline game are important. Hopefully we can get a 4,000+ crowd for both potentially more for the Hearts game. That would boost the finances

At the risk of sounding like a gloom merchant then I don't really see an upturn in crowds anytime soon. The only thing that will change that is if we go on a run and challenge near the top of the league.

That's why the Hearts game and to some extent the Dunfermline game are important. Hopefully we can get a 4,000+ crowd for both potentially more for the Hearts game. That would boost the finances

I see where you're coming from re crowds. However, with the new play-offs it's likely that we, and several other clubs, will have much more to play for toward the end of the season. This should ensure that crowds at least don't tail off and may even lead to bigger games in April/ May. Should we make the playoffs then we'd be guaranteed at least one healthy additional home crowd and related hospitality opportunities.

The cup draws are excellent financially and should ensure, regardless of result, that we make a tidy profit from both these cups this season. Makes a great change from getting papped oot in the first round to Albion Rovers....

Decent performances/ results will definitely have a positive impact on League attendances and will further add to the surplus.

Add in the extra income we should recieve from the new distribution model we should be able to take a significant chunk out of our debt again this season, even if crowds generally remain the same per match.

Small steps, but going the right way in difficult times.

I see where you're coming from re crowds. However, with the new play-offs it's likely that we, and several other clubs, will have much more to play for toward the end of the season. This should ensure that crowds at least don't tail off and may even lead to bigger games in April/ May. Should we make the playoffs then we'd be guaranteed at least one healthy additional home crowd and related hospitality opportunities.

The cup draws are excellent financially and should ensure, regardless of result, that we make a tidy profit from both these cups this season. Makes a great change from getting papped oot in the first round to Albion Rovers....

Decent performances/ results will definitely have a positive impact on League attendances and will further add to the surplus.

Add in the extra income we should recieve from the new distribution model we should be able to take a significant chunk out of our debt again this season, even if crowds generally remain the same per match.

Small steps, but going the right way in difficult times.

Agree with pretty much all of that especially the play off potential at the end of the season.

After years of either being unlucky in draws or failing to win winnable cup games the last few draws have been very kind to us with Celtic twice, Dunfermline in the Ramsdens and now Hearts. All good draws from a financial point of view. If we can beat either Hearts or the Pars (or both) and keep progressing then we may get lucky again.

Definitely feeling positive going into the new season. Hopefully we can start with a win on Saturday

A brilliant game for us financially given that it is easy enough to get too and from the game on the train from Edinburgh. We really should be looking at a sell-out in the away end. As for our own support, the people of Kirkcaldy and surrounding areas consistently moaned about the prices and then failed to show up when we put them down to £10 for two cup games. I guess it will only really show this week when we see the attendence on the back of last weeks win.

To be fair the £10 offer was as much about affordability for fans than dropping prices for extra punters to show (albeit that would've been a nice bonus). Those without a season ticket who wanted to go to all the homes games thus far and including Saturday would've paid £71 in less than a month. Six home games on the bounce - with our only two away games before August 31st both in Fife - makes it an expensive time for supporters. The dropping of prices was as much about getting a tenner off people who want to go but couldn't afford £17 three Saturday's in a row than anything else.

Doesn't mean it's not a shame more people showed but as ever if you only advertise it on the club website and club social media accounts floating supporters probably won't hear about it.

The drop in prices was because it wasn't a bit draw for the 2 respective cup games so it was insentive to get people in to try and boost the crowd. for this game there is no need for that as it is a big game and £17 is fair enough

Sorry to totally verge off topic, but how on earth is Craig Wilson playing for Ballingry Rovers these days? I would never have thought he'd be any lower than the top of of League One at the age of 27. He wasn't spectacular, but he was a solid defender and comfortable on the ball going forward. Does anybody have the faintest what happened to him?

Sorry to totally verge off topic, but how on earth is Craig Wilson playing for Ballingry Rovers these days? I would never have thought he'd be any lower than the top of of League One at the age of 27. He wasn't spectacular, but he was a solid defender and comfortable on the ball going forward. Does anybody have the faintest what happened to him?

I was really disappointed when we released him and went on to play Donaldson at right back for half a season. Used to think he was a very good defender. Shame he is playing at such a low level now.

Can anyone remember off hand how many consecutive games it was that he played? Over two complete seasons, I'm sure.

I was amazed when McGlynn let him go, but his trajectory since leaving the Rovers vindicates the decision.

According to the QotS programme 30/04/11 his appearances were 18 games, 6 sub, 1 game, 2 sub then 11 games.

For the games he was sub, Grant Murray wore the number 2 jersey.

There were of course still two games to play, so his last run may have been 13.

According to the QotS programme 30/04/11 his appearances were 18 games, 6 sub, 1 game, 2 sub then 11 games.

Wilson, sorry, not Donaldson.

I quoted Wilson's stats.

Was Wilson not injured earlier that season, hence the lack of appearances?

I think his run of consecutive games may have been from signing for us. It might even have been as much as 100 games.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Was Wilson not injured earlier that season, hence the lack of appearances?

I think his run of consecutive games may have been from signing for us. It might even have been as much as 100 games.

Not according to the Programme stats, possibly the season before.

Had a quick look on soccerbase and it looks as though he didn't miss a game from signing on loan in October 2006 through to October 2009. A rough count would be over 120 games if that is the case.

Wilson was subbed off in a game against Stranraer in November 2006, then I think I'm right in saying he didn't miss a single minute of football until being subbed off 19 minutes into an Inverness game in October 2009 (and missed his first game the following weekend).

In 2010/11 my recollection is that he missed a game through illness or something and then couldn't get his place back for a while as the team was going so well.