The New Raith Rovers Thread

The stuff on fantalk is either someone at the wind up or his father being a complete tit.

Welcome to the world of being an adult looking for a job. Getting told over the phone is better than not being told at all or getting a letter or e-mail.

If I was Lewis I would be mortified that my dad was acting this way. What sort of a person does that make him look.

His next manager will be looking at the player wondering "will I get his dad spouting crap on the internet if I drop him or sub him or play him out of position?"

If he is for real he has done his son no favours.

Just a quick question guys. is the game on Saturday just a cash gate I take it?

Heading up to Starks with my wee brother. First time I've been back there since the Lawrie Ellis testimonial which I thoroughly enjoyed and had a major soft spot for Raith since.

Looking forward to it.

Just a quick question guys. is the game on Saturday just a cash gate I take it?

Heading up to Starks with my wee brother. First time I've been back there since the Lawrie Ellis testimonial which I thoroughly enjoyed and had a major soft spot for Raith since.

Looking forward to it.

http://www.raithrovers.net/9581/stirling-albion-admission-prices-sat-270713.htm

I drove an hour an a half last Thursday for an interview for a job I really wanted. I had spend a long time preparing and thought I gave the best interview I have ever given. I had a standard, generic e-mail reminding me about the volume and high quality of other candidates in my inbox 9am Friday. Sure, I wasn't chuffed, but I'm over it and you just have to move on. That's not to mention the job I really really wanted where I made the 'alternate list' in a process which took from November last year to May this year involving ass sorts of things that cost me plenty time and money. I was told I was "the best candidate we have interviewed" by somebody else and didn't land the job. Anyway, you wouldn't catch me moaning on an internet forum about them... no siree.

I do feel sorry for the lad, I know what it feels like, but that's just the way it is. His dad sounds like he should grow up though. I'd be mortified if that was my old man. There are worse ways than being told over the phone personally. People will promise you the world, string you along only to inform you later on that there was somebody better all along. It's happened to us all I suspect.

Edited by Enigma

Theres no way we would promise a contract to someone who we had never seen play. If a contract was promised then why bother having him as a trialist? Might be that perhaps the terms Bonar wants our outwidth our budget and its been a case of chinese whispers

I might be going along tonight, if I do i will try and provide updates via here and twitter

Anybody going to the Spartans game? Only a fiver to get in.

I actually quite fancy it but there's no way I'll make it. Hopefully someone can report back.

I notice on the official site we are playing against "The Spartans". Were they liquidated and then reformed?

Having read the posts online about the Mayfield message, on Lewis Bonar, I feel there are too many unanswerable questions to give the complaint much credence!!

Given our hiccups administatively in the past, e.g.McManus's signing a few years back, I think the club keeps a very close watch on all their dealings.

I get the impression "Mayfield" needs to grow up, if true, and stop embarrassing his son!!

ETA.

If there IS any money left I think Bert might be using it for a Defensive player, rather than attacking Midfield/Forward.

Edited by Wee Sandy

Hutton said that 2 players had been offered deals - cardle + 1 defender and there was money for another player plus a couple of loan signings. Surely Watson's wages weren't that high that it takes up the budget for two?!

Maybe Murray see's the money better spent in defence rather than attack or there isn't any puff in this guy mayfield or whatever his name is. Why would he go on a fans forum to complain/moan beats me like. If Lewis is in the squad tonight then we can take this guy as a wind up merchant

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Family members can be like that. There was a Celtic fan on our thread a while back greeting about how our youth system's a joke and the coaches don't know what they're doing, nobody cares about the players blah blah blah and it turned out he was the grandad of a player recently released. I wouldn't worry about someone who's judgement is clearly clouded by emotion and if you look at it sensibly it's easy to spot the holes in these types of stories.

If we are looking at im Id rather it was more in the capacity of a midfielder rather than a striker. If there are injuries/suspensions etc we know he can play there but if he is able to play centre mid/right thats probably a bit more useful with the small squad that we have (in the same way Williamson did)

Guessing we will be using Ellis as backup centre half with Donaldson covering anywhere else and centre if needed (hence the appearances there pre season). If Murray can resist the temptation to play himself then he probably will and rely on the players he has. We have a little flexibility in terms of posititions (Booth can play left mid, Cardle right and centre, Anderson up top, Callachan on the right) but not as much as it used to be in years gone passed. Iam happy with the squad tho, think one more midfielder as backup and we are all good to go

Squad numbers announced:

http://www.raithrovers.net/9599/rrfc-201314-squad-details-announced.htm

Think that pretty much settles any doubts about what his starting eleven is going to be - Saturday's team but with Spence rather than Smith. Which is probably what I'd have gone with too.

(Squad numbers are still a sack of old shit, mind.)

Regardless if the guy was a parent or troll, I can't tell you how impressed I have been with our manager this close season. He's made correct decisions every step of the way so far - getting rid of Walker, keeping Hill, bringing a more mobile left back and central midfielders, waiting for Cardle.

He's just got it right!

The only slight worry is if Spence can strike a decent partnership with Elliot but I'm sure the supply will be there from midfield as well as wings this season.

I actually think there will be more goals from midfield with the players we have got and I cant imagine there will be a shortage of service