The New Raith Rovers Thread

hes right to be fair, cardle needs to go down the line occasionally, his nack for cutting in everytime is his downfall.

Agree with that. Very predictable sometimes. His corners are horrible as well but when he is on the ball running towards defenders he is class.

wasn't down tonight. but by all accounts played well, just need to start scoring a few goals with it. will settle for a mid-top table finish again this year. 1st division has always been our level given our budget etc. but its go be some league this year, this league is actually probably more competitive than the SPl.

I'd like to see Lewis Jordan and Spence start against hearts. For me they look a decent partnership. Only positives tonight against a strong hibs team. Both callahan and donaldson look like they've bulked up a bit over the summer and both did well and i have to agree that hill was immense tonight

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Pie & Bovril mobile app

I'd like to see Lewis Jordan and Spence start against hearts. For me they look a decent partnership. Only positives tonight against a strong hibs team. Both callahan and donaldson look like they've bulked up a bit over the summer and both did well and i have to agree that hill was immense tonight

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Do you mean Vaughan?

I don't disagree with the consensus on Cardle, he does cut inside 99 times out of 100 and that's obviously very predictable. However, with Booth going beyond him it's much less of a problem than it was with Malone (who was at the game tonight) as he seems much more eager to get forward. Cardle is tricky enough to release the ball into the channel after he cuts in, as well as being able to drive into the middle.

Just landed back in scotland. How did hibs play?

It was a friendly,as we know, but I felt they were a bit off the pace, and particularly so towards the end of the game.

The first half I would say they shaded it over us but by the end of the second they looked tired.

I lost count of the number of times McPake fouled our team, must be gearing up for the European game..... ;)

Hibs didn't look as sharp as I thought they would, given they've been in preseason much longer than we have. I wonder if they possibly had one eye on the European game next week. Some pretty slack passing at times and they never really looked a goal threat. A couple of times towards the end they managed to put the ball into the channel and get a flying sub into space, but that's understandable when both of our full backs were completing their second full game in 48 hours.

Interesting to note that we played without a captain (well, without an armband) last night. I don't think I've ever seen that before.

Suggests it's still very much up for grabs.

Thomson looks like he is the captain tonight.

Cardle referring to Thompson as "skip" on twitter. New captain looking Thompson...