The New Raith Rovers Thread

Hard to say too much about Campbell as he wasn't given much of a chance at us and it was eight years ago he was at the club. He was dropped pretty quickly after a few poor performances but I think he was quite popular at Raith?

You look at McCracken's career and it's probably fair to say he's a better player than Campbell though. Never played below SPL level in Scotland was in teams of the year etc... when he was in the lower leagues down south.

Campbell improved massively as he went on during his time. Even when he first joined he was a massive improvement on having Chris McLeod with Todd Lumsden. I think he learned a lot from Marvin Andrews joining us again. Over time he became an influential figure for us. His attitude on the pitch carried on after his car-crash the night before we knocked Aberdeen out of the cup, where he managed to come back and score our opener in the New Year Derby against the Pars. I doubt anyone at Dens in the following round of the cup will forget the response he got from the fans.

As for McCracken, he'd be a welcome signing. If he is a better player than Campbell was at his peak for us, then he'd be a brilliant player to have on board.

Campbell is one of my favourite ever Rovers players, maybe even my outright favourite. Terrific servant for us, and I'm almost certain I'll be sitting in the South Stand in 30 years time saying of some new centre back "aye, he's good, but he's no Mark Campbell".

McCracken would be, on paper, a very impressive signing but I'd be more inclined to expect the Paul Watson from Livi rumours are closer to the mark.

Oh well no news on the player Hutton stated would 'hopefully' be signed up yesterday. For the record it was meant to be Cardle.

Even if someone had signed yesterday, they wouldnt have been able to do much aobut registration: Surely the SFA offices aren't open on a Sunday?

We might have a name on the teamsheet on Wednesday. I'm sure when we got *Casa (not even attempting the rest of that) in his second spell, no one knew until they saw the teamsheet outside the turnstile.

*I'm not actually 100% sure it was him but I'm fairly sure it happened recently

As for McCracken, he'd be a welcome signing. If he is a better player than Campbell was at his peak for us, then he'd be a brilliant player to have on board.

Agreed, Campbell was the perfect replacement for Shaun Dennis, just a shame it took us so long to sign him.

Agreed, Campbell was the perfect replacement for Shaun Dennis, just a shame it took us so long to sign him.

The two of them are from the exact same mould.

Powerful, dominating and intimidating. Perfect qualities for a CB.

Campbell is one of my all time favourite RRFC players too.

Oh well no news on the player Hutton stated would 'hopefully' be signed up yesterday. For the record it was meant to be Cardle.

We'd be better forgetting about Cardle and concentrating on targets who won't muck us around.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

We'd be better forgetting about Cardle and concentrating on targets who won't muck us around.

I'm sure that Cardle, Murray and the board have a rough idea of where they all stand. I highly doubt Cardle disappeared after a few training sessions without giving Murray a clue of what is going on. But wait.... there goes the Joe Cardle Twitter Transfer alarm:

He's just left the short and simple tweet of: "No place like home". :o

Edited by rw89

He went down south having received no other offer from a Scottish team minus us. He had advised Rovers should it not work out down south he would return and sign for us. I was taking it from Turnbull that his trial either hasn't worked out or he's had a change of heart.

Similar to what came up in my conversation with TH.He was hopeful of a signing or two on Sunday.Signings may well have been made and as has been said awaiting on official registration.