The New Raith Rovers Thread

Booth at centre half would be one of the funniest things ever.

Yeah, certainly I'd never hear dof him playing there before kev23 wrote that, has he ever in his career?

Regardless, being able to play both left wing and full back at least gives us some cover, and the guy still has the talent. Hopefully Murray can get the best out of him.

Yeah, certainly I'd never hear dof him playing there before kev23 wrote that, has he ever in his career?

Regardless, being able to play both left wing and full back at least gives us some cover, and the guy still has the talent. Hopefully Murray can get the best out of him.

Did I write that? If I did I never meant it. I just knew he was a left back that can also play left midfield.

Its a fall back if Cardle doesnt get signed in time for pre season starting as well, if we can get our striker and centre half then all good

There's a reason he's loaned out for a season just days after pre season has just restarted remember. He's not a young lad any more and he was Hibs first choice left back at one point. Take from that what you wish. Has the ability to be a good signing.

There's a reason he's loaned out for a season just days after pre season has just restarted remember. He's not a young lad any more and he was Hibs first choice left back at one point. Take from that what you wish. Has the ability to be a good signing.

Well yeah, but the first division is full of 'good players' who failed higher up. that's the whole point really. The guy probably still has the talent, may be not to do it at the highest level but it's certainly a signing with potential rather than someone of proven application.

All depends on perspective. I'm hoping he'll be similar to Jason Thomson who we picked up from Hearts. Thomson struggled to establish himself in the SPL but since dropping down he's been fantastic, probably one of our best players last season. I'd be delighted if we saw the same.

Overweight ?

Or Sir Jimmy doing us a turn ?

I'd like to think Donaldson will have his chance to make the lb berth his own. Regardless, it's only intelligent to have a bit of full back cover, this way, if Thomson is injured or suspended then Donaldson can play right back and Booth (assuming we do get him on loan) can come in at left back.

Good use of the loan system if true as well, as it means we can get the cover relatively cheap and use our remaining budget on another striker, centre half and left midfielder.

According to my pal who is a Hibs fan, Booth is better in midfield, very skillful and good going forward.

Okay ladies, who would you have wearing the armband next season?

My first thought was for Davie McGurn, but can you really have a part-time club captain at an almost entirely full-time club?

I could be wrong, but I believe Liam Fox was captain at Livingston, but it'd seem odd to make a brand new signing the skipper.

Laurie Ellis? There seems to be an unwritten rule about coaching staff never being captain.

My first thought was for Davie McGurn, but can you really have a part-time club captain at an almost entirely full-time club?

I could be wrong, but I believe Liam Fox was captain at Livingston, but it'd seem odd to make a brand new signing the skipper.

Laurie Ellis? There seems to be an unwritten rule about coaching staff never being captain.

Mum and Dad away for the weekend and found the key to the cocktail cabinet.

I think that Fox might have been offered it as part of the deal to lure him to SP.

Just my thoughts as he is a natural leader on the park

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Pie & Bovril mobile app

We don't do normal skipper things, remember a few years ago we had Craig Stanley on loan from Walsall as our Captain !!

Captains role is outdated in today's game IMO.

They don't do anything to enhance the team, unlike other sports such as cricket & rugby, where they make decisions on the pitch.

All a football captain does is stand for a pre match photies, call heads or tails, and decide which way the team is shooting.