The New Raith Rovers Thread

No you're not the only one. The last home game v Falkirk , their no 10. had Donaldson on toast. Wasn't the first time either. Was disappointed that Hamill and Malone were released. Both do a better job at left back.

You mad Bro....get back to your chair....

At least they have come out and made the statement, suppose with what happened with Dunfermline some fans may have been concerned we may have over extended our reach with the increase in revenue. That said we are putting together a good squad on the budget provided, as mentioned already I hope to see more of the youth players given their chance this season as well

It should be interesting to see a few things over the course of the season. Firstly, how we are impacted by the money which comes in from reconstruction and how it balances out against the loss of two 4,000 crowds (minimum). We need to push on in terms of football and our playing style. Having lost the likes of Graham, Mensing and Walker, we've lost two exceptionally influential players and one who has been a regular fixture at the club.

You'd have to hope we're looking to push on and try for a top half finish. If we can do that then I'd be delighted.

No you're not the only one. The last home game v Falkirk , their no 10. had Donaldson on toast. Wasn't the first time either. Was disappointed that Hamill and Malone were released. Both do a better job at left back.

agree regards falkirks no 10 having donaldson on toast frequently especially in the 2nd half but dont agree with you on hamill and malone,neither will be missed

It should be interesting to see a few things over the course of the season. Firstly, how we are impacted by the money which comes in from reconstruction and how it balances out against the loss of two 4,000 crowds (minimum). We need to push on in terms of football and our playing style. Having lost the likes of Graham, Mensing and Walker, we've lost two exceptionally influential players and one who has been a regular fixture at the club.

You'd have to hope we're looking to push on and try for a top half finish. If we can do that then I'd be delighted.

potential for two 4,000 crowds against dundee

There's a lot of, if ands n but. If hearts go defunked then Morton get promoted. Do the pars get back into div 1 if they manage to survive, then the revenue could still be there. Also with the play-off places up for grabs should bring more fans back through the gates generating more cash.

Will be interesting to see how things pan out during the Jan transfer window

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Pie & Bovril mobile app

We survived for years without the Pars. I don't know why some make such a deal about it. We don't need them.

I think people are just talking about extra income not money that's gonna keep us afloat.

We know we can survive without the pars although they've never brought as many supporters to SP in the last 4/5 seasons. We take nearly twice as many to eep. Just a shame that the people that go to eep don't turn up at SP every week!! We'd be in a much better financial position if they did

The days of big D1 travelling supports are gone, quite frankly. Even if Dundee are doing well we're not realistically going to get more than 1000 away fans.

It's a damn sight better than the likes of Airdrie etc, but we need to be realistic about things. Our attendances were down last year and whilst there was noticeable apathy in the home support, the level of travelling supprt is a big factor in our crowds dropping. The days of expecting 1000+ from Falkirk and Dundee are gone, and the budgeting needs to take that into account.

In saying that, I'm disappointed we won't be chanelling some more funds into the team. We did well last year with the Celtic ties, and with the extra income from the reconstruction, we could actually have afforded a small gamble this year. In my view, it was a unique opportunity, particularly as we'll have budgeted with the view that there would be no redistribution.

The rewards for league position are now all too apparent, and I certainly won't be settling for a 7th placed finish this time around - there is a lot of money at stake.

The fixtures are supposed to be out on Wed/thurs hope we get dundee at sp first game as they'll bring a good support with them for it but knowing us we'll be away to dumbarton

There's a lot of, if ands n but. If hearts go defunked then Morton get promoted. Do the pars get back into div 1 if they manage to survive, then the revenue could still be there. Also with the play-off places up for grabs should bring more fans back through the gates generating more cash.

Will be interesting to see how things pan out during the Jan transfer window

I agree with everything you say but there are a lot of if's, buts and coconuts.

We all know the score here:

The Ess-Pee-Ell is dying a slow painful death both £-wise and attendance wise and has been for well over a decade.

The only profitable fixture in terms of £'s and attendances on the fixture card [aside from games involving Brother Walfrid's boys] is Hibs Vs. Hearts.

The Ess-Pee-Ell are not going to upset Uncle Rupert's apple cart by punting Hearts down to an untelevised division while their TV deal is still valid.

Expect a nominal points deduction and for all this to be swept under the carpet in time for the opening fixtures.

Edited by Slavoj Žižek