The New Raith Rovers Thread

I like Hill, although he had a poor season he still always looks likely to score.

Some of his bookings and reds i felt were down to a really weak midf in front of the defence, resulting in hill getting dragged forward and making more challenges and lunging desperatly as often he was trying to win takles others in the team (midf) were not doing. As cheap part time players (squad players) he is as good as it gets at this level for the money - better than taking a gamble on an unknown player with no conection or history with the club - another poor season and id let him go tho.

Everyone is differnet tho, I'd like to see Murray & Ellis play a little more, and wasnt impressed by Hammil or Malone last season.

for me our midf has been a weak point in the team for 3/4 years and its exciting to see some new faces there. im not bothered about mensing if we can get someone solid in there then the defence will be solid with thomson, and donaldson then you have Hill, Ellis and murray all very able to play the other CB spot and all able to cover at FB too.

Am I the only one slightly concerned with Donaldson looking to be our first choice left back? I always felt he looked out of his depth. Ellis isn't getting any younger and Hill (IMO) is a liability. Our defence looked more stable last season when Murray came back in.

Am I the only one slightly concerned with Donaldson looking to be our first choice left back? I always felt he looked out of his depth. Ellis isn't getting any younger and Hill (IMO) is a liability. Our defence looked more stable last season when Murray came back in.

Bare in mind the last timer you saw him play more than 3 games in a row he was 17., and I don't think 'out his depth' is a fair way of putting it. He was young and perhaps slightly naive, but he's comfortably good enough. He also played on the wrong side!

Seen Reece play both left and right fullback and was usually left horribly exposed by those in front of him. Not sure that he is a left back as I'm sure he's really right footed but gets away with it because he has two good feet . If he fills out and bulks up a bit I think he'd make a great centre half.

Im quiet happy with reece being played thought he done well when he played and thought he showed good energy going forward. If he gets a good run out this season he can only improve and we could end up with two quality fullbacks.

I have very few concerns about him. Relative to the other youth players who have had a go in the youth team in recent years, Donaldson is head-and-shoulders above anyone. He was only 17 years old when he got an extended run in the first team and he didn't look out of place. I wasn't a big fan of Malone or Dyer, so he doesn't have to do that much to convince me. He seems like he could be a decent prospect. Someone above mentioned that he can also play centre half. That sounds promising as teams like Rovers, who can't afford big squads, need players who are versatile enough to play multiple positions in the team.

I thought Donaldson looked very comfortable in the spells he has had in the team, was unfortunate to lose his place to Thomson, even if Thomson has also become a good player for us.

I have no qualms with Reece at LB or indeed Callahan in CM, would be fantastic to see Rovers start to use our on youth rather than Hearts or Dundee UTD's.

I've also got some doubts about him. He got torn apart by that Falkirk winger in the last home game of the season, although the times he came off the bench he did well enough.

I wouldn't be surprised if we end up recruiting a left back on loan in January.

I like Hill, although he had a poor season he still always looks likely to score.

Some of his bookings and reds i felt were down to a really weak midf in front of the defence, resulting in hill getting dragged forward and making more challenges and lunging desperatly as often he was trying to win takles others in the team (midf) were not doing. As cheap part time players (squad players) he is as good as it gets at this level for the money - better than taking a gamble on an unknown player with no conection or history with the club - another poor season and id let him go tho.

Everyone is differnet tho, I'd like to see Murray & Ellis play a little more, and wasnt impressed by Hammil or Malone last season.

for me our midf has been a weak point in the team for 3/4 years and its exciting to see some new faces there. im not bothered about mensing if we can get someone solid in there then the defence will be solid with thomson, and donaldson then you have Hill, Ellis and murray all very able to play the other CB spot and all able to cover at FB too.

sorry for me hill is a bomb scare at times and central defence is looking like our weakest link just now

like you wasn`t impressed by hammil or malone

The problem was he was playing right back when he is left footed.

dont see why that should be a problem?

Edited by Rovers_Lad

No you're not the only one. The last home game v Falkirk , their no 10. had Donaldson on toast. Wasn't the first time either. Was disappointed that Hamill and Malone were released. Both do a better job at left back.

No you're not the only one. The last home game v Falkirk , their no 10. had Donaldson on toast. Wasn't the first time either. Was disappointed that Hamill and Malone were released. Both do a better job at left back.

Wrong on Donaldson and wrong on Hamill and Malone. Thank god you're not the manager.