The New Raith Rovers Thread

Were there not a couple of Agathe backed french lads at Stirling a couple of years back? I don't think they ever really got going either.

Aye. If they're Agathe's guys they'll be from La Reunion rather than France, and will most likely be rotten.

No harm in giving them a trial though. If they aren't good enough, don't sign them.

Read the Walker article in the Courier, his attitude is appalling. Over the piece he has been a decent player for us. He was immense in the Scottish cup run season and the title challenge season but the last couple he has been very disappointing. Someone above highlighted his goals v the Pars and Dundee, both of which I nearly had a Hearty celebrating.... good times.

Recently he has not looked fit enough and was a regular poor performer. I doubt he will be offered something decent off us for next season and I doubt he'll get a much better offer elsewhere.

You could describe that as a lot of things but "embarrassing" and "unambitious" it certainly is not!

Yeah seen the bit from Tade on facebook as well, hell if there is 3 of them over for a trial hopefully at least one of them is fit for the squad, as much as I want us to focus on youth it would be good to get a few unknowns for peanuts who turn on the style again.

Read the Walker article in the Courier, his attitude is appalling. Over the piece he has been a decent player for us. He was immense in the Scottish cup run season and the title challenge season but the last couple he has been very disappointing. Someone above highlighted his goals v the Pars and Dundee, both of which I nearly had a Hearty celebrating.... good times.

Recently he has not looked fit enough and was a regular poor performer. I doubt he will be offered something decent off us for next season and I doubt he'll get a much better offer elsewhere.

You could describe that as a lot of things but "embarrassing" and "unambitious" it certainly is not!

When I read his interview I was also pretty miffed with his description of the club and his choice of words could certainly have been better.

If he has been left hanging though and not even spoken to by the club to put him in the picture about what the situation is then that is very, very poor and makes it a little more understandable due to frustration and uncertainty.

I think the least Murray could have done was told him whether he had (A) no chance of a deal, in which case look elsewhere, (B) a possibility of a deal depending on how budgets play out, but no guarantees given or © here is your offer - take it or leave it. To do none of these is treating a long serving player pretty poorly. While he hasn't been all that great in the last couple of years I still think he deserves some form of communication and kept in the picture.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/div-1/raith-rovers-skipper-says-there-s-no-such-thing-as-loyalty-in-football-now-1.96485

I agree, living within your means is neither embarrassing or unambitious. If we can't stay in the 1st Division without making losses every season, it doesn't seem a very sustainable business model. So further cost cutting may be inevitable.

Walker is probably a bit frustrated and upset with the situation, but that's just how it is.

When I read his interview I was also pretty miffed with his description of the club and his choice of words could certainly have been better.

If he has been left hanging though and not even spoken to by the club to put him in the picture about what the situation is then that is very, very poor and makes it a little more understandable due to frustration and uncertainty.

I think the least Murray could have done was told him whether he had (A) no chance of a deal, in which case look elsewhere, (B) a possibility of a deal depending on how budgets play out, but no guarantees given or © here is your offer - take it or leave it. To do none of these is treating a long serving player pretty poorly. While he hasn't been all that great in the last couple of years I still think he deserves some form of communication and kept in the picture.

Agreed. I'm not sure what the club tell the players at the end of the season. I assume the manager has to sit down with the Board before he can make any offers, given how tight finances are and the ongoing situation with the will we, won't we, league reconstruction issues. Either way, you would think they could let the players know as soon as possible. It must be an unsettling time for the players.

Football players are in a unique situation.

They don't have to fill in a CV and convince employers over 1 or 2, 1 hour long interviews.

They have on average 40 occasions to impress a new employer.

Its up to the individual to do that, the more often he impresses the greater the potential reward.

We've signed Kevin Moon, who was at Alloa last season. He's a midfielder.

Looking at his goalscoring record on wiki, I'll guess he's a sitting midfielder. I can't remember him playing against us, so I've no idea what to expect from him.

We've signed Kevin Moon, who was at Alloa last season. He's a midfielder.

Looking at his goalscoring record on wiki, I'll guess he's a sitting midfielder. I can't remember him playing against us, so I've no idea what to expect from him.

He is a right Mid I believe. Moore talked him up as someone he was interested in. Spent a lot of time in Perth/Alloa so probably stays over in the East. Greenock probably too far to travel.

He's a central midfielder, good with the ball and can pick a pass. Disappointed he's left but wish him all the best.

A swap for Spence is only fair? :P

Edited by Hawain1