The New Raith Rovers Thread

Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Bill Foy...

I see he's launched the 'I was fraped' defence. That's a bit like the 'I was fishing' line that crops up on here from time to time when someone is called on talking bullshit.

I'm not friends with the club's page on Facebook and I think it's for the best, really. It's replaced FanTalk as the place to go and completely overreact to things.

dan can you take these comments off here if you read the fb page youl see why

I've taken it down, hopefully by the reaction you saw both on here and on Facebook you'll think twice before posting such drivel again. If it genuinely was someone else posting under your name then maybe you need to be a bit more careful where you leave yourself logged in.

Just out of interest, whats the difference between a player posting abuse on twitter, and saying the same to a players face during a match ?

There's no 'heat of the moment' defence if it's off the field and even less so when it's mean to be a laugh.

Judging by the reaction it's fairly common to think sexuality slurs are somehow not as bad as racial or sectarian insults. I have a view on that obviously, but clearly the world is full of folk saying these things and I'm not on a crusade about it - it just looks bad for the club if the players are doing it. Apart from that, there must be plenty of gay people in and around Kirkcaldy who like football - I'd prefer the club to be one they're happy to come and pay their £17 to watch. Or do we have enough fans as it is?

I see he's launched the 'I was fraped' defence. That's a bit like the 'I was fishing' line that crops up on here from time to time when someone is called on talking bullshit.

I'm not friends with the club's page on Facebook and I think it's for the best, really. It's replaced FanTalk as the place to go and completely overreact to things.

........................sounds a lot of fun!!laugh.giflaugh.gif

Here's a question I was unable to answer in the pub this evening - when, if ever, was the last time we had a Raith game at Stark's that was televised (domestically)?

(I say domestically because the only one I could think of was the game against Akranes, which was shown live on Icelandic telly.)

Have to say, for all it sounds like a trivial matter, I'm delighted that season ticket holders can book their usual seats and those around them. I didn't buy my season ticket with that in mind but I'm glad I'll be able to sit in the same place and talk with the people I usually talk to. Similarly, its good that they're also allowing for people to buy tickets for the surrounding seats too. I'll be able to pick up a ticket for my mate who used to get to games but plays amateur football on a Saturday afternoon.

As it stands, looking back since the start of the year, our board deserve praise for the way we've gone about their business. Firstly, they dug into their pockets to bring back Casalinouvo who provided a good boost for the team in the final few months of the season. Probably my favourite moment of the year was his goal against Ayr in the final minute. In the summer, Turnbull Hutton and the board were fully behind the NoToNewco movement and were very vocal in that respect. They made a good appointment in Murray too who has had us on three solid cup runs and up to 5th in the league. On Saturday, we gave Partick probably one of the toughest games they'll get at Firhill this season and played some excellent football at times. Financially, while we're very much against it (especially if our neighbours along the road go under), but its clear that we're moving in the right direction and trying to work on improving the situation.

Naturally, you still get complete morons on the facebook page/fantalk calling for Murray's head and more financial expenditure. You really can't please everyone... :lol:

1355822880[/url]' post='6902966']

Weren't we live on sky for the opening game of the 1995/96 season?

Celtic beat us 1-0 with Van Hooijdonk (spelling) scoring the only goal?

I think that game was filmed to be he featured game on Sportscene/Scotsport but didn't actually go out live.

Weren't we live on sky for the opening game of the 1995/96 season?

Celtic beat us 1-0 with Van Hooijdonk (spelling) scoring the only goal?

I remember the game - I seem to recall thinking Thom had dived to win a free-kick to produce the goal - but I'm pretty sure it was played at normal time on a Saturday.

As it stands, looking back since the start of the year, our board deserve praise for the way we've gone about their business. Firstly, they dug into their pockets to bring back Casalinouvo who provided a good boost for the team in the final few months of the season. Probably my favourite moment of the year was his goal against Ayr in the final minute. In the summer, Turnbull Hutton and the board were fully behind the NoToNewco movement and were very vocal in that respect. They made a good appointment in Murray too who has had us on three solid cup runs and up to 5th in the league. On Saturday, we gave Partick probably one of the toughest games they'll get at Firhill this season and played some excellent football at times. Financially, while we're very much against it (especially if our neighbours along the road go under), but its clear that we're moving in the right direction and trying to work on improving the situation.

Agree with all that. Including the choice of favourite moment of the year - big big goal, that, at the time as well as retrospectively.

1355827298[/url]' post='6903059']

I remember the game - I seem to recall thinking Thom had dived to win a free-kick to produce the goal - but I'm pretty sure it was played at normal time on a Saturday.

Definitely was a 3pm kick off. I was playing at the Bevvy and headed around to the stadium straight after my game. Couldn't get in to the ground so ended up watching it on the tv trailer at the back of the ground with some Celtic supporters who also couldn't/didn't get in.

One of them got stung on the lip by a wasp that flew in to the neck of his Buckfast bottle and I remember being weary about laughing in case he gave me a leathering.

Here's a question I was unable to answer in the pub this evening - when, if ever, was the last time we had a Raith game at Stark's that was televised (domestically)?

(I say domestically because the only one I could think of was the game against Akranes, which was shown live on Icelandic telly.)

Never.

I recall watching a Scotland v England Victory Shield match at Stark's on Sky Sports too.

Seems we can definitely claim this as the first Rovers competitive home match live on TV? Think we've got there eventually. I wonder if they'll erect a temporary box for the presenters etc to sit in or if we'll get to hurl abuse at Pat Nevin in front of the South Stand. Hopefully the latter.