The New Raith Rovers Thread

Wasn't even born then but. boldblue.gifboldblue.gifboldblue.gif

I was 18, perfect timing ;)

we drove back to Starks Park in a big convoy through Dunfermline, flags waving and horns blaring, met the players off the bus, got a drink from the cup,

I put my good (only) suit on to go out in Kdy, waiting in the massive queue for Jackie o`s a taxi stopped and a pile of Raith players pulled up, I chanced my luck stepped out of the queue, and walked right past the bouncers into the club with the group of players (pwopa nawty)

one of the most drunken nights of my life,

unfortunately I had a college exam the next morning, there was no way I was driving as I didnt get in till 6 so I got the 9 o clock bus (very ashamed to say I threw up big style on that bus, litres of liquid & foam, it was making its way down the front like a mini tsunami every time the driver braked so I jumped off early and walked the rest of the way).

I wrote my name on the cover of the exam paper, flicked through the questions for a while then consigned it to the "end of year re-sits" folder and walked out,

deciding a bacon roll and a visit to Mike along at Smithys Bar was the only way I was gonna make it through the day

:guinness

This was our moment. I may be wrong but I doubt I'll ever see us win a major trophy again.

Maybe we won't win another trophy again, but I'm sure we'll make a major final again. My dad is an Ayr Utd fan and so brought me along to the league cup final against Rangers in 2002. Even though they were beaten 4-0 I remember Ayr having a much more vocal support throughout the game.

This was our moment. I may be wrong but I doubt I'll ever see us win a major trophy again.

9 years prior to the day, we were on the bones of our arses, so to see us do what we did was simply amazing.

We have never been as low as we were in the mid 80's, nor will we be, nor will be as high as we were during the 12 months from November 1994 - November 1995.

I've enough faith in the squad this season to say we don't need to look at loanees. We should try to get Smith's loan extended, which in all honesty wouldn't surprise me. Other than that up top and in midfield I think we have the cover. As I said on fan talk, we've got strong core of a team this season.

1354473604[/url]' post='6859638']

I really hope we don't go for loanees. If we're still fourth or thereabouts and injuries and suspensions were kicking in, it would be better if the likes of Donaldson, Callachan and Vaughan got a game.

Jamie Walker please.....

We might get David Smith's extended, but I'd imagine that's all we'll get. having seen how bad Hearts are this season, it really wouldn't surprise me if they want him back to go straight into the first team.

Jamie Walker has started Hearts' last few games, so we can forget it.

Agreed, happy to keep with the players we've got. Murray is going to have to bring himself back into the squad though, with Mensing and Hill both out for a bit.

I'm taking it from Smith being allowed to play in cup games that Hearts have no plans for him this season. (Either that or McGlynn was expecting to get dumped out at the first go.)

Hill will only miss the next cup match, surely?

Murray said in his interview he reckons Mensing will be out a couple of weeks, but it's too early to tell for sure. Either way, Murray will at least have to name himself or Wilson on the bench for the next couple of weeks.

Another central defender just for cover as dougie hill is a bit hot headed at the minute and a bolster to the midfield loan signing. We have good cover in the attack but think spence should be getting more game time as he deserves it.