The New Raith Rovers Thread

Was a decent enough performance. Being honest, bar two horrendous misplaced passes by Hill and Murray, it was simple enough. There was just a wee period at 2-2 where a Wick goal felt like it was coming. Could have scored more tbh, Graham and Clarke both missed good chances but both on the scoresheet!

The second half was typical cup shock conditions. Belting down with rain and Wick playing down a huge slope. But we did enough and were professional. Over the 90 mins if it was 4-0 that wouldn't have been to unjust.

Great wee ground and the Rovers support were immense. Fantastic vocal backing and great turnout for such a long journey. Over 200 I'd say.

4-0 would have flattered us rather, but otherwise I mostly agree. Ultimately a deserved win even if the result was still in doubt for much of the second half. I've just posted up a match report of sorts here - http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=19991

Thanks to Fife's Finest for making me very welcome on the bus on the way up. (I wasn't to say anything about The Birdie Song, right?)

you are welcome on our buses any time yoss and have you had any feedback from the club as regards the money that was raised and what it was used for ? We had a brilliant day so thanks to all those from wick and beyond who made us welcome.The weather was shite tho and i needed to wash the flag but it should be fit for saturdays game.The midges really are nasty little cnuts and we were ambushed just outside wick.It was so bad that some of the lads had to run to the bus. :o Our driver craig was telling us how to get them out the bus by opening the roof window.Yoss we also had guid music on our bus i.e oasis and inxs altho early doors we had some old scottish tunes like glencoe etc.

Edited by BIGQ FAE KDY

Our driver craig was telling us how to get them out the bus by opening the roof window.Yoss we also had guid music on our bus i.e oasis and inxs altho early doors we had some old scottish tunes like glencoe etc.

By opening the roof and putting the blowers on it at least keeps all the midges to the back of the bus,

ie. away from me ;)

This trick also works in a small way against Shugs farts.

& Yeah Yoss I'm afraid you got on the wrong bus as far as the music is concerned, I suspect you have now been introduced to the Aural torture of Stellies "Party Album"

As Quinny says our bus was jumping with everything from AC/DC to The View (didn't have any ZZ Top) do make sure your on my bus next time ;)

4-0 would have flattered us rather, but otherwise I mostly agree. Ultimately a deserved win even if the result was still in doubt for much of the second half. I've just posted up a match report of sorts here - http://www.twohundre...nt.net/?p=19991

Thanks to Fife's Finest for making me very welcome on the bus on the way up. (I wasn't to say anything about The Birdie Song, right?)

Was good to meet you Yoss, well done for surviving your debut bus journey with FF and the party album

Montrose in the cup at home, The last time we played them in the league cup at home was 9/11 i think, can remember watching the footage in the Raith suite.

9/11 was a week day, I had just gotten in from School when it happened.

9/11 was a week day, I had just gotten in from School when it happened.

We had a game that night though. Sure we won either 1-0 or 2-0. Think we actually played them at home in the Scottish cup a couple of years later and won 3-0. Unless they've improved from last season I'm expecting us to win by 2 or 3 goals.

Race Night tomorrow folks.

We'd like to see as many folk there as possible to benefit the club as much as possible.

Martin at Simply Pies has very kindly offered us free sausage rolls for the night so come along, have a few drinks, some of Martin's fantastic fare and hopefully win a few races for a cheap, entertaining night.

The night is at Styx and first race is at 19:45.

Hope to see you all there!

RaithRovers200Club.webs.com