The New Raith Rovers Thread

Ah come on now Rents, 8 days in Fife is more than enough to drive any man to insanity. Even when that insanity is moving to Dundee of all places.

Well I lived there for 18 years and the voices tell me I'm fine.

I remember we signed 'nipper' Thomson at the same time as a three others: Greig McCulloch, Paul Bonar and, I think, Peter Duffield? I could be wrong - but all turned out to be shite anyways....

Peter Duffield, shite? Out. Rageous.

The man was worth a jersey for his tache alone.

I think you answered your own question there, whether or not he was a good or bad manager is a secondary concern to his utter cuntishness in walking out after 8 days.

It was poetic justice that he came back a week later in charge of Dundee United and we got our first win of the season....

Brilliant game. Kevin Twaddle came on and scored winner in 86th minute. The South Stand was still being built so the North Stand was split half with the United fans.

Never has so much abuse been thrown at one hamster faced git!

Edited by Ding Dang Doo

Brilliant game. Kevin Twaddle came on and scored winner in 84th minute. The South Stand was still being built so the North Stand was split half with the United fans.

Fantastic day.

Brilliant game. Kevin Twaddle came on and scored winner in 86th minute. The South Stand was still being built so the North Stand was split half with the United fans.

Yeah, I remember we were one down as well after a horrendous Bobby Geddes clearance.....

Duffield came to us from Airdrieonians, I think we paid a two hundred grand for him (ah, the days). He was a Baird type player, wee and bustling. After he left us he went back to Yorkshire and played for York City. He was a legend at Halifax Town, and it was odd to see their fans wearing the no.9 shirt with Duffield on the back when they played us in a pre season friendly.

I was thinking of Tomas Hajovsky, but I'm sure Quinny will do just as well.

You are aw fuds as there is no way i can wear ma auld boots as i buried them after my last game. :o:death:1eye:green:yucky

Edited by BIGQ FAE KDY

Hajevsky was a decent player. Dalziel booted him as 'not of Scottish First Division standard'. That was the same Dalziel who booted Pat Clarke, who came back to haunt him big time, causing Dalziel to poetically get the boot. Hajovsky has been playing at a much higher standard than our First Division for years in the top two Czech leagues.

Edited by Big Berk

£500 to walk about Stark's Park like a zombie??

I paid about a third of that last year to do the same in the Live the Dream game.

I always thought that the actors were paid to appear in a film, not the other way about.

The wording wasnt too clear on that, im kinda gutted i never did it when they were filiming WWZ in Glasgow, £100 a day to be a zombie...

Yep Tomas Hajovsky is currently on loan from Viktoria Plzen. They were in the bloody Champions League last season after winning the Czech league in 2011/12. According to wiki he's made 33 appearances for Plzen.

He's only 29 as well! Was only a young guy when he came to us. Opportunity missed maybe??