The New Raith Rovers Thread

Heard the number 12 was Stuart Anderson formerly of Peterhead?? 26 year old midfielder. Definately wasn't Stewart Kean.

Good game! Grant Anderson man of the match. All the debutants were pretty good. Impressed with Callaghan as well. Always wanted the ball and always looking for a pass.

Can't make any more pre season games now, so I'm glad I made that. 768 on a pishy Tuesday night against Ross County is pretty good going! :)

Ross Callahan , young man with lots of good habits was very impressed reminds me of a young Lee Sharp, that's him knackered now good performance. They all looked up for it from the start fitness levels were up as well. Very encouraged.

Bert will have to look out for Mallone's attitude, he had a wee set to with Toakley and when said man mountain was walking away, Mallone head butted him in...............................................................................................

..........................................................................................................................................................................

the back. What a fucking tube, if the ref wasn't blind sided at the time it would have been a poor start to the season, the only person to have benefited would have been Donaldson, but we don't want to start the season at a disadvantage.

My brother has nearly edited the whole game so hopefully won't be long before the highlights are up on the website. Goal was a great header by Graham having seen it again! Capped off a magnificent run from grant Anderson from the half way line!

Who was your number 7?

Most agreeable game, with Raith doing some passable impersonations of Spain at times.

Spain, if only.

No. 7 was Grant Anderson, I will have the opportunity to see more of him in the next couple of weeks, but liked what I saw tonight.

Went along last night not expecting much and just wanting to offer a bit of financial support to the club following recent events so left the season book at home.

Was very very pleasantly surprised, we really looked like a decent team.

We started a wee bit slow and when County scored I feared the worst but from that point on we stroked the ball about, looked comfortable on the ball, created chances..... yip thouroughly enjoyable.

Standouts for me were Anderson and Callaghan. We actually played through the midfield last night rather than over them and I thought Callaghan played a big part in that. I think he could be a ready made (and very capable) replacement for Davo. Anderson looks like a very promising signing, beat his man regularly and showed good pace and crossing ability. Didnae fancy his slide over the gravel into the south stand wall very much though :unsure:

Big Brian Graham looked sharp, took his goal well and held the ball up well. Clarke also looked decent.

If I was to sum it up in a couple of words it would be "very encouraging". :)

Would have to agree with what's been said - like many others have said the obvious stand outs were Anderson and Callachan. The latter was always looking for the ball, very rarely lost it - covered a lot of ground over the game and voerall I thought his use of the ball was very intelligent. Could do with a wee bit more tenacity in the tackel but that'll come with game time. Looked a decent prospect.

Anderson did something unheard of at Starks in a while, beat his man, hit the byline and put in a decent cross, well headed home by Graham. Also has a bit of dig which helps.

Otherwise, the two full backs looked good, Thomson in particular but Malone did offer more getting forward last night that I epxect Dyer would have done, his balls into the box looked better too. Graham played like a man with confidence, Clarke was unlucky wiht his header too - could only direct it at the keeper (who couldn't hold it at first) Obivously we will hav eto play a different style of football sans Baird but I was pleasantly surprised to see us keep trying to play it through to the strikers who held it well, and we are going to have a bit of an aerial threat so long as we don't beocme two dimensional.

Stuart Anderson cmae on and did ok, solid enough in a deep lying midfield role. I was impressed with Spence, and I think he'd offer a variety to the stirke force that we might not have with Graham and Clarke. His running was intelligent and he'll be a good addition if we can sign him.

All of this comes with the caveat that it was only a firendly and our first at that - we did try playing it on the deck at the start and end of last season and in the middle it got pretty bad - can only hope that what we saw last night is the shape of things to come

Ball kept on deck, players looking for passes, players on the wing beating their man and getting crosses in

That settles it the zombie apocalypse is nigh :ph34r: