The New Raith Rovers Thread

What is the crowd like?

768 was the attendance given.

Good to see our centre midfield getting involved in the match rather than the ball going over their heads. Can't fault anyone's effort, they all gave 100% and it was a good team performance.

I liked the look of Anderson and Malone, both willing to take on a man and attack and it was a quality run by Anderson for the goal.

Any word on who number 12 was?

Good run out tonight. Malone and Anderson look good additions. Callaghan looks a real prospect. Graham and Clarke look like they will be dangerous once they get up to match pace. Didnt see enough of the trialists to comment. Number 12 anybody?

Decent enough match for a friendly I felt. Draw probably a fair result over the piece. Anderson's assist for the goal was very promising, hope to see more of that. Looks like he'll give us something a little bit different, hopefully. Pacey and strong. Might drift in and out of games and if we'll be playing the same kind of rigid system we went with under McGlynn he'll need to a bit of work on the defensive side of his game, but he and Thomson should provide us with a very dangerous right hand side. Speaking of Thomson, his signing really is a coup for us.

Malone.. hmm. Solid enough. Felt Spence looked lively when he came on and that's the kind of thing we need. A Graham/Clarke combo won't be terribly exciting. No idea who number 12 was, can't say I was overly impressed but the lad only had 15 minutes.

Callachan played really well I thought. A wee bit more tenacity required perhaps but it was a friendly, and he did get sent off in his only start so prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt on that score!

Overall a good workout. Dougie Hill will be a bit disappointed with the goal I imagine but no real failures. I even caught Joe Hamill making a run at one stage. On to Saturday.

Edit: Also saw a couple of guys with Morton tops on. It must have taken then about thirty seconds before they looked at each other and wondered what the fuck they'd travelled all the way to Kirkcaldy for. Well done all the same.

Edited by Paco

Rather good performance tonight from Rovers, felt we were probably the better team looking solid all around. A wee defensive lapse at the start cost us our goal, but Anderson's play on the wing was superb for the equaliser. The Stenny fans were rather saddened to see him leave them, and if he can continue like that then he'll be an excellent acquisition for us. Ross Callaghan had a good game in the middle of the park and helped to fill the role that was vacated by Davo leaving. Allan Walker was playing well too, finding space up top. Solid finish from Graham, and Pat Clarke was impressive after Brian went off.

In defence, Malone and Thomson looked useful both in their roles as defenders and going forward. Both Stewart and Spence (assuming those were the trialists) were useful and I'd be delighted if both signed on for the season. Throw in those two, and our compensation loanees from Hearts (Jamie Walker...please) then we'd be looking solid for the coming season. Can see County struggling for the coming season. I know it was only a pre-season game but I was expecting a little more from them. Sure they won't be too worried though.

Overall, happy with how that went. Towards the end, Anderson was doing superb to find space on the wing and looks more than happy to take players on. Stark contrast to last season when everyone was thinking we were doomed. Positive attitudes this time around.

Oh aye, and a mention to the two Morton fans I spoke to after the game. Fair play to the lads who did make it along. Anyone attending is welcome for whatever reason!

Any amusing banter re Turnbull , the SFA ,SPL and Sevco?

Nothing at all. Small crowd though, more likely to be some on Saturday as a big crowd is expected for the Laurie Ellis testimonial.

Ex Morton? Good grief :o

As for Kean, Dundee can have him.

Come on now. Behave.

Biggest disappointment tonight for me was Grant Murray wearing shorts. A bad start to his management reign. :(

Decent workout that. Very happy with Anderson; Malone I've always liked; and Callaghan did okay. Spence did enough to suggest he's worth a punt, particularly as we only have two strikers at present.

I didn't know who the number 12 was either.

Not long back. Went hoping for a show of support for TH that didn't materialise and ended up watching an enjoyable game of football.

Both teams kept he ball down and tried to play it, County possibly better individual talent but arguably Raith the better team. The No 7 was by far the best player but less effective in the second half when he moved over to the left. I was surprised when the attendance was announced at the end as I only thought there was about 400 or so. I will be back in 11 days when United are at Starks Park.

On the way in TH was standing outside having a fag so I shook his hand and thanked him for the leadership he has shown on this matter. :)

Decent performance tonight. Was impressed with Anderson and Callachan while Malone was steady enough and at least managed to get forward a few times. Spence looked lively when he came on. I thought Kean was a forward but if that was him he was playing a defensive midfield role tonight. Surprised Stewart didn't get a run out though.

Couldn't make it tonight due to work, but encouraged with the reports so far. I was a bit intrigued that Murray left himself entirely out of the squad, though.

Looking forward to Laurie's testimonial on Saturday.