The New Raith Rovers Thread

It will be interesting to see what kind of gear Murray chooses to wear pitch side. Will he follow McGlynn in the shorts/polo shirt/cap get up, will he go for a suit, perhaps he is from the Falkirk manager's school of fashion or will he just keep it simple and go from a tracksuit.Hard to tell imo.

Suit I reckon. Getting the answer to this is reason enough to get along to our preseason matches.

If Murray rocks up in jeans we might be in deep shit if the last manager who did that is anything to go by. It will be interesting to see how much he plays given our minimalist squad

According to Fantalk, Johnny Stewart and Greig Spence are still training with us and could feature in the friendly Tuesday.

Assuming they aren't total disasters I'd imagine we'd try and sign both, and then go chap on John McGlynn's door to get a loan player.....

Who have Raith signed so far then? Haven't paid much attention to the 1st Division lately :rolleyes:

Glen , Scott and Tokely will probably feature against you lot.

With Willie Dyer leaving, we've brought in Eddie Malone at left back, at right back Jason Thomson returns as a permanent signing, as does Pat Clarke up top. Other than that, the only other player we've signed is winger Grant Anderson from Accies who had been out on loan at Stenhousemuir. As mentioned, Johnny Stewart and Greig Spence are on trial, would be a surprise if we signed both of them.

According to Fantalk, Johnny Stewart and Greig Spence are still training with us and could feature in the friendly Tuesday.

i'd be delighted if we got them both on board, suppose it depends on what kind of budget we have left...

With Willie Dyer leaving, we've brought in Eddie Malone at left back, at right back Jason Thomson returns as a permanent signing, as does Pat Clarke up top. Other than that, the only other player we've signed is winger Grant Anderson from Accies who had been out on loan at Stenhousemuir. As mentioned, Johnny Stewart and Greig Spence are on trial, would be a surprise if we signed both of them.

Surely not that much of a surprise, before Anderson came in and mcGlynn left we were 'looking at 3-4 players' Stewart and Spence probably fit the bill for what we want in terms of permanent signings. Anyone else would likely be a loan player.

Surely not that much of a surprise, before Anderson came in and mcGlynn left we were 'looking at 3-4 players' Stewart and Spence probably fit the bill for what we want in terms of permanent signings. Anyone else would likely be a loan player.

That was meant to be a wouldn't!

any raith rovers fans tell me what like andy walls is we had him on trial on saturday.any good?

Only someone who watched the U-19s will have much of an idea, though by all accounts he was a regular scorer at that level.

I think he played once for the first team and, oddly enough, you may have witnessed it! He came on as a sub at Links Park last season when Montrose were down to 9 men and the game was dead.

any raith rovers fans tell me what like andy walls is we had him on trial on saturday.any good?

Unless you were an ardent follower of the Rovers U-19s then I doubt any of us could. Apparently scored a barrowload in that team but never got a sniff at the first team squad.