The New Raith Rovers Thread

So what your saying is that you dont have names. Ireland was with the u19s and them alone so how can he be to blame for younger players whom he had no contact with. MAybe better get facts right before slagging folk off

Do you have trouble reading? Players weren't transitioning through the whole setup, Lindsay oversaw the whole thing while it was up to Ireland to get them into the 19's

There was a failure in the process which Ireland was involved in so I wouldn't be keen on him being involved in the 1st team

Brian Reid can f**k right off! The club was fantastic with regards to the NewCo situation and then you hear speculation like this. He shouldn't be close to the job. Terrible manager. Why would we even consider someone who has always finished behind us and has had his team relegated twice from positions of comfort.

RecordSport understands that the 41-year-old, whose contract was not renewed by the Honest Men last season, has applied for the vacant position.

Or... the 41-year old has told the Daily Record he is applying for the job in order to get his name out there because he is desparate for a new job.

I will LOL heartily at Raith if they appoint Reid, instant relegation favourites.

Don't let the positive start and comfortable mid table position in March fool you either, you WILL go down due to a spectacular collapse that only Brian Reid is capable of overseeing.

Or... the 41-year old has told the Daily Record he is applying for the job in order to get his name out there because he is desparate for a new job.

Quite. Anybody can 'apply' for the job... hell, even Paul and Barry Chuckle could phobe the Record stating their interest in the job and they would print it.

My personal favourite from that article was that Reid "worked wonders" at Ayr. In who's opinion exactly?! I can only assume he gave them that quote himself.

Although I see Antonio Calderon is out a job. We could phone him, plead for forgivness, ask him to bring along Paquito and tippy-tappy spanish style passing football can make a return to sunny KDY.

Edited by Enigma

My personal favourite from that article was that Reid "worked wonders" at Ayr. In who's opinion exactly?! I can only assume he gave them that quote himself.

I still "wonder" how he managed to f*ck up the end of every single season he was in charge.It wasn't a season under Reid if there wasn't a massive collapse.

Is that not technically working a wonder?

Reid won't get the job.

(Though I don't really get the hate anyway, he's perfectly capable of doing a decent job for somebody else somewhere, at some point.)

Going for Brian Reid after John McGlynn would be like watching a Rocky movie where the lead star was Dolf Lungeren instead of Sly Stallone.....

Well I don't undertsand that, but Raith appointing Brian Reid would almost be as bad as Hearts appointing John McGlynn. I can't help but think that out of all this Ayr would be coming out best.