The New Raith Rovers Thread

If he is away my thanks to John McGlynn, he's been an ok manager whose worked hard within the club, I won't miss his style of football though :blink: , I would love to see Mickey at Starks as manager, hopefully whoever it is it will be a quick appointment.

As mentioned already i would take Billy Brown, he has already stated previously he would want to manage the Rovers and if we do get the compo for John hopefully its enough to bring him in and we can use Murray as AM and Ellis as a coach. The Cameron thing would be a gamble and we wouldnt want another Dalziel..

Isn't he Fenlon's number two at Hibs? Don't know how that might affect our chances of getting him.

Ellis has at least a couple of years left in him for playing; it's too soon to get him into management.

A lot of this is going to depend on what Paul Smith does. If he chooses to remain PT, I can see Murray getting the job and PS staying on as assistant. At least Murray would then have someone with experience alongside him.

To completely change the subject...SHAMELESS ADVERTISING ALERT.

http://www.raithrovers.net/3726/gearing-up-for-the-beer.htm

Starks Park is having a beer festival this weekend and my band, The Glitch, are the entertainment! Some of you may recognise us from a few of the Rock The Rovers' line ups. Unfortunately I (I'm the loon holding the bass) (and the keys player) won't be there because we're in Manchester seeing Bruce Springsteen. So it'll be an acoustic set from the rest of the guys. If you can't make like me, we'll be seeing you at Rock The Rovers this year too.

Your support in us supporting the club is greatly appreciated and I wish I could be there tomorrow and saturday. Have fun!

Perhaps the time is right for Billy Broon to come on doon!

Billy Brown might be a really good shout at this stage and as a former co-coach of J McG and associate of Pat Fenlan he may get us some good loanees.

Just a thought.

I'd still like to see Mickey at SP too though so perhaps one or the other with Bert as assistant but of course that would all be dependant on if Smudger went with McGlynn (which I don't think he will).

Another question has to be regarding the fallout from McGlynns going (if he does indeed go) would we need to employ other to run the youth set up and would we lose the like of Gunter and the rest of the boot room boys?

Bad time to be losing a manager, no wonder the signings we looked to have made recently weren't willing to put pen to paper.

Too much uncertainty at SP just now me thinks.

Edited by Scottydog

Good luck to JM if he goes to hearts. As i have posted elsewhere this could be HUGE for the Board. Turnbull and co better get a decent compensation package for losing our manager and head of youth development. Not playing hardball with their business heads on over this would be a tragedy.

If we were to go with Grant Murray I'd prefer to see a wise head alongside him. Even if that were Paul Smith, who presumably won't want to go full-time either as Rovers manager or Hearts' assistant, then that would be fine by me.

A lot of this is going to depend on what Paul Smith does. If he chooses to remain PT, I can see Murray getting the job and PS staying on as assistant. At least Murray would then have someone with experience alongside him.

That'd be my preference, I think. I agree it's a bit early for Ellis.

Billy Brown would probably have been a good shout if he were out of work, but I imagine we'd be offering him a big pay cut. Can't see it happening, and I'm happy to appoint from within anyway.

Turnbull and co better get a decent compensation package for losing our manager and head of youth development. Not playing hardball with their business heads on over this would be a tragedy.

"having a business head" does not mean trying to screw folk for every penny you can get. More often than not it means treating people decently.

Not sure why, but my gut instinct is that this deal with McGlynn won't go through. Lets hope that its resolved quickly one way or another so we can get on with our preparations for the new season.

Edited by Martin Nelson

Not sure why, but my gut instinct is that this deal with McGlynn won't go through. Lets hope that its resolved quickly one way or another so we can get on with our preparations for the new season.

I agree, the deal breaker will be that Vlad refuses to pay for the plug implants John has desired for so long now.

If Hearts want McGlynn the ball is in our court. We name our price which compensates us. Hearts either pay it our not. If they dont pay we dont need to find a new manager. If they do pay up we have a decent amount of cash to stabilise the club. John McGlynn has done a decent job but he has not irreplacable.

If Hearts want McGlynn the ball is in our court. We name our price which compensates us. Hearts either pay it our not. If they dont pay we dont need to find a new manager. If they do pay up we have a decent amount of cash to stabilise the club. John

McGlynn has done a decent job but he has not irreplacable

Not the way it works. See Paul Lambert and Norwich for details....

Are you guys genuinely upset at the prospect of McGlynn leaving? The consensus amongst Hearts fans is that he'd be a completely uninspiring candidate, especially given you narrowly avoided relegation last season. I've also heard he's a bit of a hoofball merchant, which really isn't ideal when we want to bring through more youngsters. Any feedback as to what sort of manager McGlynn is like would be appreciated!

You have to look at last season with a pinch of salt as jmcg had to contend with losing 15 players at the end of the season and with no money he still managed to pull a rabbit out the hat.

Only one loss in the last 9 games isn't bad for a team that was struggling!!! 3 losses in our last 16 (two against Livi)

Saturday May 5th 2012

Greenock Morton 1 – 3 Raith

Saturday April 28th 2012

Raith 3 – 1 Queen of the South

Saturday April 21st 2012

Falkirk 2 – 3 Raith

Saturday April 14th 2012

Partick 1 – 1 Raith

Tuesday April 10th 2012

Raith 0 – 3 Livingston

Saturday April 7th 2012

Raith 2 – 1 Hamilton

Saturday March 31st 2012

Ross County 1 – 1 Raith Rovers

Saturday March 24th 2012

Dundee 1 – 1 Raith

Saturday March 17th 2012

Raith 2 – 2 Ayr United

heres a shout, what about Gary Bollan for a replacement for JM, as far as i know hes not got a job, so no compensation, done a good job at Livi, tries to develop youth so cud take the youth side of things like McGlynn

Bollan was tipped along wi andy goram to take over at QoS but all that fell thru. Could see quite a lot of applications for this one if J McG does go.

Unfortunately it looks more and more like the Rovers, amd the rest of the SFL, are going to be dragged into a situation whereby we may well have to vote on whether or not to allow Newco Rangers into the First Division. Here's a little of what Turnbull Hutton has to say on the matter:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2163489/Fans-fight-SFA-warned-expect-small-clubs-bow-down.html

Thankfully, unlike Falkirk and Partick Thistle, Turnbull seems to have a bit of backbone and will listen to the views of supporters if the decision must be made. There's only one decision to be made in Rangers case and that's whether or not to allow them into the Third Division. If our club votes to let them into the First I'm done with it, and I'll be saying as much in an email to the club. I would encourage anyone else who feels strongly on the issue to do the same.

Rangers have cheated like no other side has ever cheated in Scottish football, and frankly they should find themselves fortunate they've not already been expelled from the SFA. Allowing them straight back into the First Division makes a mockery of our game. What's the point in going to see your team when a bigger club will get all the favours from the authorities to continue their dominance?

The money taken from 6000 away fans over one season is not the price of sporting integrity.

Emailed the club last night saying if they supported SevCo then I won't be returning. Glad to see that piece in the media. Too much bigotry and corruption brought about by the now deceased Rangers Fc and it will continue with their reincarnation. Throw in the personal edge of spending more on security as a result of McCoist's witchhunt and we shouldn't be supporting him. Well done Turnbull!

I completely see your point Paco, but could you honestly pack in going to see the Rovers? Seriously?

What would be the point? I mean, for the past 8 years we've spent trying to reduce our deficit and pay our mortgage for the stadium. We've lived a hand to mouth existence in that time taking what gates we can. Why should we continue to live in such a manner when you have Rangers who simply come back with a new company, keep their history and come right back into the game at first division level. To me, it would be utterly pointless if one club can act so morally defunct and get let away with it by dropping down one division. If they drop down into the first, I'll be all the more encouraged to drop out of the one thing I love about Kirkcaldy, save up and go about and see the world.

Edited by rw89

I am the same, if not got my season ticket yet and if we play a part in letting the newco in I won't be going back to games. It will hurt like mad because I love going every week but I just wont see the point in it. A small bonus is my golf game will improve.