The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'll be posting out letters to members regarding this situation but I'll post it here and on FanTalk for convenience...

200 Club Info

We have been in recent talks with the Board of Directors as to the way forward for the 200 Club.

They have proposed that we use the space that housed the club shop in the South stand with early entry being granted through the most appropriate South stand turnstile.

Due to this development, we are bringing the 200 Club AGM forward to Tuesday 19th June at 7pm at the Novar Bar.

All members' attendance would be very much appreciated to discuss the future direction of the long established RRFC 200 Club.

Edited by Andy C

Would anybody take Johnny Stewart back? We didn't see much of him at all during his loan spell but I thought he looked a good player away at Falkirk when he replaced the injured Ellis. He was bound to be short of match sharpness too.

McGlynn will know better having seen him in training, but I reckon he'd be a good signing for the middle of the park.

Would anybody take Johnny Stewart back? We didn't see much of him at all during his loan spell but I thought he looked a good player away at Falkirk when he replaced the injured Ellis. He was bound to be short of match sharpness too.

McGlynn will know better having seen him in training, but I reckon he'd be a good signing for the middle of the park.

I would take him back, I agree he didn't do anything wrong when called upon last season, with all the cut backs reported from Tyncastle he may be looking for a club anyway.

Johnny Stewart is pretty pants fellas

I would remind you that the said Johnny Stewart scored a perfectly good (should have been match winning) goal at Dens last season which was only ruled out because a certain Mr Baird was offside. In fact Bairdy is offside quite a lot in games which is something you will be only too aware of in a month or two.

Stewart may or may not be pants but just wait until you see Davo trying to find a team mate less that 10 yrds away.

I'm sorry to see ID go as he had arguably his best season with us last term but there are other player to be had and as been said it could work out better for us.

In Davidson Dundee are getting a player who can hit great 30 to 50 yard balls but can often fail to find a team-mate from 10 feet.

He is a committed and hardy player who is great at breaking down play but can be petulant and all to often easily wound up and gets a card, his downright stupidity at Forfar where he collected 2 in 3 mins will live long in the memory of many at Station Park that day.

His best attributes are his tackling and his flexibility to play either defence or midfield.

I'm sorry he's gone but there will be a replacement.

He is a committed and hardy player who is great at breaking down play but can be petulant and all to often easily wound up and gets a card, his downright stupidity at Forfar where he collected 2 in 3 mins will live long in the memory of many at Station Park that day.

A League Cup tie at Albion Rovers in 2008 will be my personal "Davo is a fanny" highlight. Booked for kicking the ball away. Twice. Quite rightly received complete pelters from the away fans on the way off and decided sticking the finger up would be an appropriate response. Claimed later it was at the Albion fans singing "Cheerio". It definitely wasn't.

To add balance his goal against the Pars when we beat them 2-0 at home in 2010 is undoubtedly his highlight. Last goal he scored for us, I reckon.

I would remind you that the said Johnny Stewart scored a perfectly good (should have been match winning) goal at Dens last season which was only ruled out because a certain Mr Baird was offside. In fact Bairdy is offside quite a lot in games which is something you will be only too aware of in a month or two.

Stewart may or may not be pants but just wait until you see Davo trying to find a team mate less that 10 yrds away.

I'm sorry to see ID go as he had arguably his best season with us last term but there are other player to be had and as been said it could work out better for us.

In Davidson Dundee are getting a player who can hit great 30 to 50 yard balls but can often fail to find a team-mate from 10 feet.

His best attributes are his tackling and his flexibility to play either defence or midfield.

I'm sorry he's gone but there will be a replacement.

Certainly can, although he's not very good at it in my opinion. While he has a better range of passing than many centre halves and can play the ball out under pressure he lacks some of the basics of being a decent centre half, for me his worst habit was always the fact that he often loses his mark at dead balls. When he played most of the season there in 07/08, every free kick or corner into the Rovers box left me with my heart in my mouth becuase you just knew that Davo had lost his man.

A League Cup tie at Albion Rovers in 2008 will be my personal "Davo is a fanny" highlight. Booked for kicking the ball away. Twice. Quite rightly received complete pelters from the away fans on the way off and decided sticking the finger up would be an appropriate response. Claimed later it was at the Albion fans singing "Cheerio". It definitely wasn't.

To add balance his goal against the Pars when we beat them 2-0 at home in 2010 is undoubtedly his highlight. Last goal he scored for us, I reckon.

To add more balance, losing Hardie for his first goal in that game.

I really don't think Davidson is that great and can definitely see Raith being a better team without him.

I too reckon we will be better without him, or to be more precise Walker will be. The worst Davo moment for me was up at Arbroath when he actually played a good game only to throw a punch at someone and get sent off after full time. Jesus wept.

My favourite Davo moment was against Stirling Albion years back at Stark's Park. Robert Snodgrass (whatever happened to him...) dived over a perfectly legitimate Davidson challenge, and as he lay on the ground appealing to the ref, Davo turned around and smashed the ball into his face from a few yards away.

Frankly, the treatment that all divers should receive.

You know what, I'd really like to see us do well in the Challenge Cup. Have we ever even won two games in the same season? It seems like we're always papped by Round Two.

There was one year, under Calderon I think, where we got to the semis then got hammered at home by ICT. Apart from that you'd probably have to go back to the 90s for our last decent run. Our poor record in the challenge cup has always niggled at me.

I fucking hate the Challenge Cup. I say it every year but an ideal Challenge Cup tie for me is a victory while playing an ineligible player so we got kicked out.

More opportunity for injuries and to be drawn against teams you play too often anyway is the way I see it. Imagine how shite a derby with the Pars in the Challenge Cup would be. Happy to go out at the earliest stage.

I will, like any good football fan, completely change this opinion if we get to the final.

There was one year, under Calderon I think, where we got to the semis then got hammered at home by ICT. Apart from that you'd probably have to go back to the 90s for our last decent run. Our poor record in the challenge cup has always niggled at me.

2003/04

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003%E2%80%9304_Scottish_Challenge_Cup

Laurie scored an O.G. for us in the quarters, whilst with St. Mirren.

2003/04

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003%E2%80%9304_Scottish_Challenge_Cup

Laurie scored an O.G. for us in the quarters, whilst with St. Mirren.

That'll be Secret Agent Laurie Ellis

I heard that he might not play (or will just make cameo) in his testimonial as his jaw is still so badly fecked. :(