The New Raith Rovers Thread

Should get us a respectable return of goals.

I do worry about a Clarke/Graham partnership, though. Not much pace there, and I can see it inviting us into a puntfest.

I still think we need another striker, preferably one who is small and quick.

Have to say, to lose Williamson and McBride (so far, still need Davo and Walker to sign) in cut-backs yet keep on McGurn (still delighted by this biggrin.gif ), Ellis, Murray, Hill, Laidlaw, Wilson and Callaghan while bringing back Thomson and Clarke and adding Malone, I'm happy with how we're doing so far. We just need to hope that we hear about Davo/Walker signing on soon, add another forward and a possibly a couple of wingers if possible, ideally trying to get Jamie Walker back from Hearts.

Overall, happy with the business that McGlynn is doing.

Have to say I am happy with all the signings so far. He scored a few coming on from the bench and getting a run in the team I could see him getting a good return. A good winger (I would be orgasmic to get Jamie Walker back) and were shaping up well.

Good signing, but with Clarke and Graham we do nee dsomeone who will do a lot of donkey work - as Weir and Baird did, probably from the midfield - but we'll still need another striker regardless. Clarke is sharp and a very good finisher but maybe not so much of a workhorse.

Relatively happy with the squad so far as it shapes up, apart form Malone our two other 'new' signings are both known well at Starks anyway. Still think we'll se eour usual form left field McG signing.

Another good quality signing, with the right service Clarke will score goals and the quality of the other signings so far mean I'm not expecting last years rather tense finale.

So far, I make it[

McGurn

Thomson ----- Murray ------ Hill ----- Malone

NO ONE

Clarke---Graham

Desperately in need of hardworking midfielders and a bit more pace. Both Walkers and Davidson would see to much of the weaknesses we have but I have no real faith in any of them being with us next year.

At the moment, I can see Murray being thrown into midfield. Unless we retain Walker and Davidson or sign another 3 midfielders, we are going to have problems with numbers and Murray may well be thrown in there to compensate.

Edited by Michael W

I think McGlynn realises Murray's limitations in midfield but at times was forced to play him there. Next season I see Ellis playing less (more of a back-up) and so Murray would play in defence with Hill. So, only Callachan and Hammil in midfield.

Very pleased with the progress so far. Thomson is a brilliant signing for this level, no coincidence that our results took an upturn when he arrived.

Clarke is also a solid enough signing. Wasnt spectacular, but did a job and with the right service will get us goals.

Another striker is probably needed, but the main priority now is the midfield. Hopefully playing Jamie Walker last season has convinced Mcglynn that we need wide players in the team. Theres rumours of Bobby Linn coming to the Rovers, which I would be happy enough about.

I fear that if Davo and Walker were going to sign for us, they would have done so by now, so it looks like we will be losing them.

I fear that if Davo and Walker were going to sign for us, they would have done so by now, so it looks like we will be losing them.

I was down at Starks on Thursday and was told that Davo is currently on holiday and that they're hoping for a positive response from him when he gets back.

I think the club will go down the loanee route for two wingers and a third striker. Might see Hammill moved inside this season where he's probably more comfortable if Davo and Walker find deals elsewhere.

I was down at Starks on Thursday and was told that Davo is currently on holiday and that they're hoping for a positive response from him when he gets back.

I think the club will go down the loanee route for two wingers and a third striker. Might see Hammill moved inside this season where he's probably more comfortable if Davo and Walker find deals elsewhere.

I agree that we'll probably see a couple of loanees in terms of a winger and another striker. They'll probably arrive quite late in the summer too, perhaps even after the cup ties that kick us off. Certainly I don't expect a great deal more transfer activity once we hear back from Walker and Davidson until later in the summer.

I also agree Hamill might be moved into the middle if the other guys don't sign. He and Murray is hardly a formidable partnership but it gives the classic tackler and passer combination. Maybe Hamill can fill the gaping hole in both our team and our hearts that was vacated by the marvellous Boaby Sloan a couple of years ago. :ph34r:

Well Sloan in Centre Mid did give us one of the best midfield performances Ive seen from a Rovers team for a good few years....maybe Hamill would flourish in there..........maybe not....

According to Matt Elder on twitter, a player is expected in at Starks today to sign on the dotted line. Reckon it will be Walker getting tied down for another year, but never know.