The New Raith Rovers Thread

Yep, excellent piece of business. He'll need to cut out the yellow cards if he's playing a full season though! Defence is more than sorted now. Couple of centre midfielders, a winger and two strikers to go?

Cracking signing for us, next season is shaping up to be a promising season.

Steady on, let's see who ends up playing in front of the defence first.

having said that, in McGlynn we trust.

Great signing. The defence is pretty much set now, with an abundance of options. I just hope the plan for midfield doesn't involve Grant Murray.

Amen to that. I still think he has it at centre half but he's knackered as a midfielder.

Just means no more 30 yard stunnign half volleys. Sigh :(

Steady on, let's see who ends up playing in front of the defence first.

having said that, in McGlynn we trust.

'shaping', nothing more, promising for me is a good mid-table or top 5 finish. Would kill to have Jamie Walker back in on loan, provides us with much more width and pace in midfield.

A fabulous bit of business and hugely encouraged by his - even if he is ginger.

Lets be honest, it's no coincidence that his arrival preceded a massive turn around in our fortunes in the season past. McGlynn's teams play better with attacking full backs and they have done so Marco Pelosi / Craig Wilson in his first year and the dearth of that cost us seriously last year.

Plus y'know I have a fondness for an attacking full back, so I'm sorted ;)

Amen to that. I still think he has it at centre half but he's knackered as a midfielder.

Just means no more 30 yard stunnign half volleys. Sigh :(

Oh aye, don't get me wrong; I think he's an excellent centre half, in midfield not so good.

Great signing, i'm really pleased with this one. Lets hope he matches his form of this season. The only complaint would be the nickname, "Ginga Ninja", i'd prefer something like "Tank Thomson", some that represents what he is going to do to First Division defences with his attacking play up the wing.

His arrival saw a massive upturn in our fortunes last season, most of which you can probably attribute to having an attacking full-back in the team.

I'm absolutely delighted he'll be with us again next season, and I really didn't think we would manage to make this one happen.