The New Raith Rovers Thread

Well done to all the lads. Glad we've got Laidlaw and Wilson, both look like decent prospects from what we've seen. Callaghan was just unlucky in the few games that he played that things didn't work out the way we'd liked. Hopefully they can push for the first team and start to quieten down the skeptics over the youth academy.

I would guess that unless McGlynn has given the players a deadline for making a decision that we might be waiting a while for some of the existing squad to re-sign.

Saying in the paper today that he'll speak to the players who have been offered deals at the weekend to see what their thought are and hopefully push things on a bit.

We should have a clearer indication of who stays and who goes by the beginning of next week.

Anyone heard what's happening with Grant "Bert" Murray?

In all discussions about signings it seems he's conspicuous by his absenceunsure.gif

Really chuffed about the youngsters being given contracts.

Edited by Wee Sandy

All of the players released were correctly released, in my opinion. I would have kept Casa here, but I never thought we were going to be able to afford him. With that in mind, it's the right call.

I don't think Malone is really any better than Dyer was, but I'll admit my judgement is tainted by a dislike of him. That's just something I'll have to get over. If he can provide a better attacking threat and is less prone to lumping the ball down the line, he'll manage that no problem.

Losing Baird is a huge blow, but we all knew he would be leaving. He's one of the best players in the league and we aren't in the position to offer him a good shot at the title.

It's also time for the young boys that got kept on to step up to the plate. I don't want to see another season of them being here just to make up the numbers.

It seems as though most of the rest of them are up in the air a bit. We'll need some time to see how that pans out.

Good to see Ayr went down.

I'm feeling quite positive about next season. Which, given that we have no players, might be quite odd. It has been quite clear for the past 12 months that the team have stagnated. Good luck to all those looking or new clubs but a clear out was needed.

Malone is a decent signing, never really lived up to his earlier promise of course but a capable 1st Division defender and frankly I see him as an improvement on Dyer. The three youths signed today have all shown that they can play at this level fleetingly and if we can get a few hours of decent play out of them, I'll be delighted.

Its early doors and I never thought I would say this but we will really miss Davidson if he moves on he has progrersed year on year and is just what we will need for another tough season next year. I think due to the financial climate the youngsters will get a chance if oneodthem turns out to be a find I will be delighted.

I'm feeling quite positive about next season. Which, given that we have no players, might be quite odd. It has been quite clear for the past 12 months that the team have stagnated. Good luck to all those looking or new clubs but a clear out was needed.

Malone is a decent signing, never really lived up to his earlier promise of course but a capable 1st Division defender and frankly I see him as an improvement on Dyer. The three youths signed today have all shown that they can play at this level fleetingly and if we can get a few hours of decent play out of them, I'll be delighted.

Was just talking about you today too

my wife works with placidcasual, he was saying he hadn't noticed you posting here for a while :D

Whilst I wouldnt say Im confident, Im not as depressed as some people on fantalk.

Williamson and Mcbride were always going to be away, no significant loss there. Casa and Baird I would have obviously liked to keep, but they were always going to be away also, albeit for different reasons.

I really really hope Mcgurn signs on, and would like to see Hill, Walker and Davo again next season. The under 19s simply have to step up now, simple as.

Eddie will be a decent signing for Raith. He's probably quite under-rated at this level, but is a good player and will probably prove to be quite popular.

If you're in the market for a part-time left-back you'll not do much better.

Its early doors and I never thought I would say this but we will really miss Davidson if he moves on he has progrersed year on year and is just what we will need for another tough season next year. I think due to the financial climate the youngsters will get a chance if oneodthem turns out to be a find I will be delighted.

I would miss Davo if he moved on, as I would the others who have offers to consider.

Alas, these guys have families to worry about and can't always stay loyal to the club if they have mouths to feed.

Just have to wait and see and have faith in any replacements JM can bring in.

Eddie will be a decent signing for Raith. He's probably quite under-rated at this level, but is a good player and will probably prove to be quite popular.

If you're in the market for a part-time left-back you'll not do much better.

This is what I've been saying since it was announced. Given the restrictions in place, he's a good signing. I also rate him higher than I did Dyer so win/win.