The New Raith Rovers Thread

We probably lost a generation of Rovers fans with the Anelka debacle. We've never quite recovered from that era I think in terms of fan base.

The last thing I'll say to you is that his share certificate might be the thing that keeps him hanging in there despite how tough things get. And even if it isn't then at least you've helped the club. As Dr Pepper says what's the worst that could happen.

What utter drongos. Reminds me why I more or less gave up on Fantalk. A lot of sense being spoken on here. On balance going to the second division isn't exactly Armageddon but only if you can return in one or two seasons. When you get stick down there for longer it's utterly soul destroying. I'd much rather secure 8th this season then at least we'll hopefully have the Pars games next season.

Sadly we don't really have much intention coming down, and luckily Inverness are pretty brutal. If we don't come down this season it could be a bit of a wait aswell.

Graeme, sounds like you do more than your bit for the club, so a big thumbs up there.

I just cant understand how defeats to Ayr and Livi would change your mind about giving £500 to the club. The football on offer since last season hasn't changed (with the exception of the Tade effect), the only change is the end results.

It's a pretty big difference between winning and losing, quite possibly the biggest difference in football.

Rovers were never renowned for playing attractive football, but it was a brand of football from which they got results, now they are not getting them what do you have left?

Exactly my point.

How can home defeats to Ayr and Livi suddenly change your mind?

I know, I mean how can home defeats to the teams which just came up change your mind :huh:

Unfortunately, ups and downs are part of the Rovers scene.

If he is going to be a lifelong Rovers fan, then he better get used to the downs.

Oh dear.

Rovers were never renowned for playing attractive football, but it was a brand of football from which they got results, now they are not getting them what do you have left?

Thats just not true

I do however recall not too many seasons ago Dunfermline had to inform air traffic control when they were playing at home.

Ragarding the share package deals.Hats off to those who have taken up the option but it would be nice to know what the club/BOD have done to bring in finance instead of constantly relying on the supporters.DS took up a voluntary position to bring investment into the club,whats happened?Our corporate guy was posted missing at the open meeting so no answers there.

Edited by Rovers_Lad

Bingo - we have nothing.

I've said this already this season, but the cracks are very easily glossed over when the team is winning. When you aren't winning, people get frustrated and will then notice because they aren;t being distracted by a nice three points.

There's nothing more to it than that.

As an aside, I can't believe anyone would even contemplate having a dig at someone for choosing not to spend £500 on Raith shares. I mean, fucking hell, that's a lot of money, and if you're splashing out that amount then you damn well want to be completely sure the recipient is going to cherish the present.

Why not?

I just don't think he'll have deserved another chance to stay at the helm as he would have taken us back where we started without any discernible sense of evolution. He hasn't given us a bunch of youths to look to the future with; he hasn't given us half-decent football to watch; he chose a full time squad whilst getting shot of perfectly good players because his head was turned by a 2nd placed finish so instead of a middling 1st division club with healthy mix of f/t & p/t we'll be entirely p/t again; his booklet of tactics seems to be laminated so predictable is our play; and we are poor relations to a whole heap of shit clubs in this league. That to me especially is starting to hit home now as week after week teams barely break sweat to outplay us.

These are all laid at his door as far as I'm concerned (and I'm hugely concerned!)

Think of a favourite player from his time at the club (one of our players please) - was he skilful or just a trier? He made the team in his image - hard-working, honest graft, but ultimately limited. Do we really want any potential time back in the 2nd Division to be a chore? Can't we take a punt on someone who could potentially reinvigorate our stagnant club?

I will reiterate though, that I hope it doesn't come down to this. Hopefully we can turn this godawful season around and find some inspiration somewhere. I appreciate his qualities and what he has given us these past 5 years, and I don't wish to appear disloyal to a good man, but time and circumstances are moving fast.

Thats just not true

I do however recall not too many seasons ago Dunfermline had to inform air traffic control when they were playing at home.

Ragarding the share package deals.Hats off to those who have taken up the option but it would be nice to know what the club/BOD have done to bring in finance instead of constantly relying on the supporters.DS took up a voluntary position to bring investment into the club,whats happened?Our corporate guy was posted missing at the open meeting so no answers there.

Have been saying the same for a while now. The BOD Slag of fans for not singing or attending games, then constantly rely on the same fans to put their hands in their pockets to bail the club out. Yet what real investment have the current board attracted to the club. The only way we will get out of this mess is with new investors on the board willing to make us debt free.

Have been saying the same for a while now. The BOD Slag of fans for not singing or attending games, then constantly rely on the same fans to put their hands in their pockets to bail the club out. Yet what real investment have the current board attracted to the club. The only way we will get out of this mess is with new investors on the board willing to make us debt free.

[/b]

If they follow the line of the all singing all dancing concordat dreamt up by the trust no single investor will be welcomed.

Shows how much you know about us. We were always traditionally a footballing/attack minded side. Its only since the mid 90s that we've had a handfull of managers who prefered a workmalike approach, like the Janitor, Jocky Scott, McVeigh and now McGlynn.

Like, we just hold the British record for scoring most league goals in a season, 142 goals in 34 games - which still stands. So shut yer pus and piss off.

Edited by Big Berk

A single investor would not be made welcomed according to Dave Wann/Trust.Besides,if a single investor was willing to invest a substantial amount of money why would he give it to the trust?I know if it was me my money would not go to the trust.

Because it's Christmas?

Being a charitable person, if I come into money, I'll give it to the Trust, with the premise that they run the club in a sustainable manner. I'd also insist that they only use players we'd brought through our youth system. We'd probably sink to the 3rd division, but what can you do.

Luckily for you, I'm skint.

Edited by Scary Bear