The New Raith Rovers Thread

Graham was one of the best players on the park on sat and was denied by two superb saves.

Wouldn't go as far as "superb", in fact I think everybody's overstated McGovern's saves on Saturday, there was one that was decent and the rest you'd expect him to make. But I did think Graham played well and I'm happy with his overall contribution so far. He just needs to stop trying so hard to get a goal, it'll come naturally. Thankfully I think the support on the whole have taken to him.

A controversial viewpoint but I'm happy for us to lose tonight. I'd have been disappointed to lose to Cowden at home but there'd be no shame in a defeat tonight so I wouldn't be bothered by it. I'd much rather see us fresh for league games, and we really don't want to be picking up injuries for the sake of the Challenge Cup. Give the likes of Reynolds, McBride and Hill a start for fitness.

I just realised Reece Donaldson was born in January '94. Fucking incredible.

Christ all mighty. That's two and a bit years younger than me! What's he doing on a football pitch?! I hope the team don't plan on any nights out soon or poor Reece won't get in.

Edited by Paco

The Challenge Cup makes money for the club, so I'd be disappointed to see us drop out. After this round, are the games not held on international weekends anyway?

Also, I've got a tenner on us...

Hmm, a fair point. International weekends it is but it's still games other sides won't have, and the chance for injuries.

Don't getme wrong I won't be sitting cheering any Ayr goal, and of course I'll be happy if we win, but with a squad the size of ours I feel the extra games are something we could do without.

Thats very impressive from Donaldson then! We've had a pretty much ideal start for putting him into the team. He's looked very experienced beyond the age of 17, and if he carries on as it is, then he may have the potential to be a real prospect. Obviously, when he comes up against the bigger clubs in the division it will be interesting to see how he gets on. Particularly impressed with the number of tackles he wins up the pitch, and his commitment to trying to win the ball back.

Thats very impressive from Donaldson then! We've had a pretty much ideal start for putting him into the team. He's looked very experienced beyond the age of 17, and if he carries on as it is, then he may have the potential to be a real prospect. Obviously, when he comes up against the bigger clubs in the division it will be interesting to see how he gets on. Particularly impressed with the number of tackles he wins up the pitch, and his commitment to trying to win the ball back.

At the East Fife match he kind of shirked out of a challenge, Davo shouted across " Reece, get fuckin through him"

And I don't think I've seen him pull out of anything since.

Graham was one of the best players on the park on sat and was denied by two superb saves.

I could think of at least 5 players that played better on sat. Graham didn't do much wrong but for me he wasn't fast enough, wasn't clinical enough and was distinctly average. I personally feel that Graham doesn't look like an out and out goal scorer. I hope i am proved wrong this season but i feel the only reason that he gets a game is because there's no one better to take his place.

Disappointed result tonight,We dominated the game and they scored pretty much against the run of play. oh well back to leauge business now we out the diddy cup !

We lost 3-0, you must be joking!

And yeah, I saw that earlier. My thoughts were either that Baird has signed a new contract or we're selling someone for a fair bit of money.

Edited by Michael W

Press conference called at Starks Park for tomorrow afternoon, announcement to be made regarding a first team player.

Well if it was a player leaving it wouldnt be our press conference to have but the signing club so hopefully it is good news

Edited by starks mad

Its probably to do with davo?

Doubt it. You don't call a press conference if you're selling a player, or if he's going to be back quicker than expected from injury.

If it weren't for the fact it's apparently to do with a first team player I'd have guessed boardroom upheaval. Has to be a new player surely? But then we don't normally call news conferences for that kind of thing surely?

Ach, f**k knows. We'll find out tomorrow.

Announcement "regarding a first team player", apparently.

I reckon it's Robbie Savage.

D'oh... regarding a first team player seems to suggest it's to do with a current first team player. Ah well, we shall find out soon enough. :egypt

Robbie Savage would be class!

Edited by Enigma