The New Raith Rovers Thread

There's been many a time when I've questioned the wisdom of Davidson bouncing straight back into the starting 11 but the point above about Falkirks inexperience is a good one and I'd probably put Thomson back on the bench, harsh as that is.

Hibs have been linked with Iain Davidson

Well he's apparently out for at least 6 months and isn't part of our best 11 anyway so if there's a fee involved they can feel free to take him.

I wouldn't have been surprise 4hrs ago at all to be honest. As obviously limited as Davidson is, Hibs could probably do with a bit of grit in midfield and if nothing else he has that in abundance.

It is worth noting though that, Davidson despite being routinely dismissed by our fans has been persistently linked with SPL clubs of varying quality over the past 2 seasons. off the top of my head I can remember rumours aboyut Dundee united, St Mirren and now Hibs. Maybe those rumours are all shite but then, maybe not...

On his day, Davidson could get into any team in the league. Sadly for us he doesn't have those days often enough. The only thing I can see that would stop a lower half SPL team from wanting him (bar his inconsistency.) is of course, his temper. He gets aggravated far to easily and it's easy to spot when he's angry by his sprint into every challenge, go in as hard as he can antics.

I'm a fan of Davidson, I normally stick up for him when my friends slate him but in Thompson we have simply a better player, more suited to the style of play we are trying to play this season. So I couldn't see him being anything other than a bench warmer/maybe coming on for the last 10-15 minutes of a match.

Hope for a speedy recovery, wouldn't wish a serious injury on any of our players.

On his day, Davidson could get into any team in the league. Sadly for us he doesn't have those days often enough. The only thing I can see that would stop a lower half SPL team from wanting him (bar his inconsistency.) is of course, his temper. He gets aggravated far to easily and it's easy to spot when he's angry by his sprint into every challenge, go in as hard as he can antics.

I'm a fan of Davidson, I normally stick up for him when my friends slate him but in Thompson we have simply a better player, more suited to the style of play we are trying to play this season. So I couldn't see him being anything other than a bench warmer/maybe coming on for the last 10-15 minutes of a match.

Hope for a speedy recovery, wouldn't wish a serious injury on any of our players.

Good post have a greeny

I think Davidson gets a bad rap on his passing. His range is excellent, and he plays more balls into the channels, accurately, from deep inside the Rovers half than anyone else does or can.

He's not exactly Iniesta, but his passing is more than adequate for a player in his role.

His long range passing isn't actually too bad, some of them come off, it's the little ones that genuinely make me wonder how in ten years or so of professional football they're still that bad. How many times did he give away a five/ten yarder on Saturday? Particularly from throw-ins. We kept the ball and won it back much better without him because we weren't sitting nearly as deep and Thomson is actually surprisingly excellent at pressing the ball. We may well concede a few more without him but for me we also score a lot more, and if there's a way to get more people back to Starks then that has to be it.

I don't think he should be a starter for us as long as we have Thomson so by default it'd be a bit of a shocker if Hibs were actually interested.

All this isn't taking into account his injury, though... anyone heard any more? Is it confirmed he's done his ligaments?

What were your thoughts on the team that played falkirk.

i tohught Graham had a stormer and we noticed the difference when he left the pitch.

Also Thomson gave us a wee push when he came on to.

Looking forward to watching Graham and Baird blossom as a strike force this season!

does capielow hav a roof in the away end thinking about going tomorrow night but think its going to piss down !

30102010082.jpg

Rovers fans will be in the corner of the stand that runs up the side of the pitch (the sections with F and C on them) so yes there is a roof, just don't expect much legroom tongue.gif

30102010082.jpg

Rovers fans will be in the corner of the stand that runs up the side of the pitch (the sections with F and C on them) so yes there is a roof, just don't expect much legroom tongue.gif

With no supporters busses going, I'm sure you could stretch out in comfort, there'll be plenty room.

What were your thoughts on the team that played falkirk.

i tohught Graham had a stormer and we noticed the difference when he left the pitch.

Also Thomson gave us a wee push when he came on to.

Looking forward to watching Graham and Baird blossom as a strike force this season!

Baird had a stormer on sat, unlucky not to get a goal, but I feel Graham has a lot of work to do if he is going to be a good striker for us! He lacks sting and he just isn't clinical enough. He's a tall target man that could have potential if he could do something with the ball. However on sat I noticed there were a couple of occasions when he made a poor attempt to win headers where it counts and then he had 2 chances in the early stages of the second half and blew them. He's better than Reynolds but unless he gets sharper upfront we will struggle to get a good goal count this year.

Baird had a stormer on sat, unlucky not to get a goal, but I feel Graham has a lot of work to do if he is going to be a good striker for us! He lacks sting and he just isn't clinical enough. He's a tall target man that could have potential if he could do something with the ball. However on sat I noticed there were a couple of occasions when he made a poor attempt to win headers where it counts and then he had 2 chances in the early stages of the second half and blew them. He's better than Reynolds but unless he gets sharper upfront we will struggle to get a good goal count this year.

really dont understand why this comment gets 2 reds

Have a greeny :D

Graham was one of the best players on the park on sat and was denied by two superb saves.

I just dont think the guy deserved 2 reds for his honest opinion lol

Whos all going to the game tonight i will be there 2-0 Graham and Baird on the scoresheet