The New Raith Rovers Thread

Head says this won't happen, but I keep thinking back to our interest in McMenamin and the fact we were linked with Derek Lyle. If we can afford a non-loanee, I'd rather we signed a right-back. We have two strikers who have shown they can net a decent return at this level, whilst we only have one right back (and I'd rather we had him in at CB).

I'd rather we didn't have to reley upon an untried 19 year old at RB. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind if that's the option we had off the bench to replace Baird or Graham.

It's not as pink as I'd feared, but still. :(

It looks like it was white, but was then put in the wash with the red shorts and the dye ran. However, it does look better than the home kit, though that's not saying much.

Edited to add: Colin Samuel is 29 now, so he won't run around mental in a Tadé way. He's also played for St Johnstone recently, so has probably forgotten what scoring goals is. He'd be a poor signing in my opinion, and I'd have much rather we signed a new RB/tried to re-sign Wilson.

Edited by Michael W

Quite a good quote in the article about the away shirt from the Maggies woman.

"No section of society is untouched by cancer, and our centre aims to help people affected by any kind of cancer to live the best life possible, with, through and beyond the disease. Currently, one third of our centre users are male and we would like to see that figure rise. "

Feminist bitch. Have a word Marvin!

Yes Michael, pretty much what I thought when I saw the strip - it's been through the wash with a bright red sock!

"We saw greater value in this partnership than any commercial opportunities that were open to us."

Reading between the lines from this comment from Chris Lumsden, there weren't exactly businesses falling over each other to get a sponsorship deal lined up. Sign of the times I suppose.

Here we go again - the usual detractors slating a player before he's even pulled on a rovers jersey. For god's sake, give the lad a chance. Ok, his stats might not make for great reading, but at the end of the day, the game is played on grass, not paper.

Reading the bit on the website it looks like Aca are giving the money to the hospice as opposed to the rovers

Is it possible that the shirts are only really going to be sold at ACA, especially since there was planning permission put in to change the shop to a bar?

I had all these visions that it would exactly like the Everton away strip a while back, but in all honesty it looks good. Btw the pitch looks lovely, well done to the grounds people.

The signing of Colin Samuel is encouraging and is of SPL standard, so why is everybody complaining? Lots of experience and the fact that he'll be breathing down Baird and Grahams necks for a place will hopefully fire up some competition for goals, good piece of business if you ask me.

I had all these visions that it would exactly like the Everton away strip a while back, but in all honesty it looks good. Btw the pitch looks lovely, well done to the grounds people.

The signing of Colin Samuel is encouraging and is of SPL standard, so why is everybody complaining? Lots of experience and the fact that he'll be breathing down Baird and Grahams necks for a place will hopefully fire up some competition for goals, good piece of business if you ask me.

Because if I'm being brutally honest, I think he's finished and I don't believe for one second he's of the standard to get us promoted or even safe. He's slow, not exactly prolific, not a particularly hard worker, towards the end of the career and therefore probably can't be improved too much and will probably cost a fair bit of money.

I'm delighted that there's been no media talk / official confirmation. Long may it last.

Because if I'm being brutally honest, I think he's finished and I don't believe for one second he's of the standard to get us promoted or even safe. He's slow, not exactly prolific, not a particularly hard worker, towards the end of the career and therefore probably can't be improved too much and will probably cost a fair bit of money.

I'm delighted that there's been no media talk / official confirmation. Long may it last.

It wouldn't be a waste if he gets the necessary game time, unlike the money wasted on Wales who played a grand total of 5 minutes in half a season. Ok his injuries didn't help, that in the end kinda ruined our push for promotion. We all know that Wales is quality, we so needed that near the end.