The New Raith Rovers Thread

Stephen simmons has signed for QOS

Any Good ?

You'll get mixed responses from Raith fans, and I'd expect he'll split opinion at QoS too.

He'll have 3 or 4 games a season where he's absolutely immense and comfortably the best player on the pitch, but he'll likely be average the rest of the time. Overall, a decent player who can pick out a pass. He likes to look where he's passing the ball which is always good, but sometimes he does take a second too long and will get tackled.

I'd have kept him ahead of 3 out of 4 of the midfielders we finished last season with, though admittedly they were all under contract.

Any Good ?

Lazy and thinks hes better than he actually is.He`ll have one decent game then be posted missing for the next half a dozen,then reappear and so on and so on.More worryyingly for QoS supporters should be that Gus McPherson reckons Simmons should be playing in the SPL :lol:

Edited by Rovers_Lad

Created a wee event on FB called, Fill Stark's Park v Falkirk. 06/08/11.

It's completely open so please generate some interest among your pals if you can be bothered. Doubt we'll fill the ground but the more interest and advertising the Rovers get, the better.

Cheers guys.

Fill Stark's Park.

Edited by Andy C

Any Good ?

That'll be the same Stephen Simmons who played for QotS already. But aye, actually, I would have happily kept him.

He's an essentially destructive midfielder who'll play deep. Unlike many of them though he actually tries to play the game and keep possession. If he has the right level and type of support, he'll prove to be a good signing. Without that you'll get no benefit from him.

Any Good ?

:lol: Some might say that reflects how Simmons is, he played for a club and a fan completely forgot he had done so. On his day, he can be cracking. McPherson in Record saying Simmons good enough for SPL might raise a few eyebrows. Also, McGlynn saying we've got 15 players + 5 youths, does that mean we've managed to make another signing or pull of a loan deal?

:lol: Some might say that reflects how Simmons is, he played for a club and a fan completely forgot he had done so. On his day, he can be cracking. McPherson in Record saying Simmons good enough for SPL might raise a few eyebrows. Also, McGlynn saying we've got 15 players + 5 youths, does that mean we've managed to make another signing or pull of a loan deal?

I've just checked the Players page on the website and there's only around eleven players there I'd consider 'seniors' with a fair few youths as well. Hammil for some reason is not on the page (12) so with 2 loans (14) we're either counting Laidlaw or must be about to make a signing.

Please God let it be a right back with the initials CW.

It doesn`t say we actually have 15 players its says

"For the 2011-12 season Raith Rovers WILL operate with a 15-man squad and five Under-19 players.

Training starts on Tuesday and hes hoping to have two HEARTS..a mean SPL players signed on loan by then.

Noticed hes also quoted as saying " With Dunfermline going up, it meant that we were without the gate receipts for four derby matches and that's a lot of income for a club like Raith so the board made a decision."

Now unless we had a gentlemans agreement with our neighbours from along the road to share gate receipts we lost gate receipts for two derby matches not four.

Edited by Rovers_Lad

It doesn`t say we actually have 15 players its says

"For the 2011-12 season Raith Rovers WILL operate with a 15-man squad and five Under-19 players.

Training starts on Tuesday and hes hoping to have two HEARTS..a mean SPL players signed on loan by then.

Noticed hes also quoted as saying " With Dunfermline going up, it meant that we were without the gate receipts for four derby matches and that's a lot of income for a club like Raith so the board made a decision."

Now unless we had a gentlemans agreement with our neighbours from along the road to share gate receipts we lost gate receipts for two derby matches not four.

Aye, but the point I was making was that there might be something in the pipelines. After the McManus situation a few seasons back, the club will probably be reluctant to say they've signed someone until the paperwork is through.

And being pedantic, we lost the derby against Cowdenbeath too. :P

Very true but unfortunately two home derby matches brings in the equivalent of what, six run of the mill matches?

Also, McGlynn saying we've got 15 players + 5 youths, does that mean we've managed to make another signing or pull of a loan deal?

It's been on the record for a long time now that McGlynn intends to sign another player, as well as two loanees. Unfortunately for those hoping we re-sign Craig Wilson, given we definitely put in an offer for Colin McMenamin, and we're being linked with Derek Lyle, I assume we don't have a loan striker lined up, which would surely mean we've a right-back lined up from somewhere.

McGlynn said he hopes to have the two loanees in by Tuesday so hopefully the whole picture will be a little clearer by then.

Edited by Paco

Aye, but the point I was making was that there might be something in the pipelines. After the McManus situation a few seasons back, the club will probably be reluctant to say they've signed someone until the paperwork is through.

True

And being pedantic, we lost the derby against Cowdenbeath too. :P

Never thought of that for one minute :D

Very true but unfortunately two home derby matches brings in the equivalent of what, six run of the mill matches?

You won`t be far out.

It's been on the record for a long time now that McGlynn intends to sign another player, as well as two loanees. Unfortunately for those hoping we re-sign Craig Wilson, given we definitely put in an offer for Colin McMenamin, and we're being linked with Derek Lyle, I assume we don't have a loan striker lined up, which would surely mean we've a right-back lined up from somewhere.

I know, but it's Friday and I'm at work so you can shut up and let me hope :P

Edited by lzreid

I'm sure I read somewhere we were getting to see the new home kit this week.

The away strip isn't getting shown until July, the club are trying to keep the colour/design under wraps until its official launch. It's apparently something very different to what we're used to though.

Heard a nasty rumour the away strip is going to be pink. I severely hope someone is yanking my chain on this one. :thumbsdown