The New Raith Rovers Thread

Even with a squad that is trimmed back and sitting mid table or even fighting relegation our average home gate will be close to 2,000.

This is what the club should be using when budgeting.

Releasing 15 players in the close season is nothing new either. If anything this will help the club. Some of the players released were past it or useless and hardly figured anyway. Will we really miss Wedderburn, Wales, Weir, McNeil or Simmons? I don't think so.

Campbell, Wilson and Ferry might be a loss. Tade has moved on to better things and is likley to be a loss.

The others are younsgters who didn't get a chance and might still represent a massive missed oppertunity if any of them go on to be decent players with other clubs.

So of the 15 released 8 (Wedderburn, Wales, Weir, Beveridge, Brown, Graham, Mackie, mcKechnie and Stewart) were all on our payroll and featured collectively for about 200 minutes of football. The cuts are not all that bad when you look at it this way.

What we have done is wasted lots of wages this season on players who didn't get a game.

Even with a squad that is trimmed back and sitting mid table or even fighting relegation our average home gate will be close to 2,000.

This is what the club should be using when budgeting.

Releasing 15 players in the close season is nothing new either. If anything this will help the club. Some of the players released were past it or useless and hardly figured anyway. Will we really miss Wedderburn, Wales, Weir, McNeil or Simmons? I don't think so.

Campbell, Wilson and Ferry might be a loss. Tade has moved on to better things and is likley to be a loss.

The others are younsgters who didn't get a chance and might still represent a massive missed oppertunity if any of them go on to be decent players with other clubs.

So of the 15 released 8 (Wedderburn, Wales, Weir, Beveridge, Brown, Graham, Mackie, mcKechnie and Stewart) were all on our payroll and featured collectively for about 200 minutes of football. The cuts are not all that bad when you look at it this way.

What we have done is wasted lots of wages this season on players who didn't get a game.

I know what you're saying, but we haven't strengthened the key areas that need filled. Whats happening is we'll get young loanee's who don't give 2 shites about the club, as we all know its happened in the past. Losing Wilson, Ferry and possibly Simmons was a bit daft. I could also make a case for Brown and McKechnie who were coming into things. We have no cover when injuries do occur and it startles me a bit. I know a lot of teams are cutting back , but our cutbacks are a little extreme.

Prices and costs go up. That's life. If the £2 a month bothers you then don't go.

Having one less half pint a month would almost cover it.

I travel up from Leeds as much as i can, and it costs a fucking fortune as it is. You'll be the same in a sense.

Prices and costs go up. That's life. If the £2 a month bothers you then don't go.

The price rise is not really the issue though its the value assessment in paying £17 for 2 hours "entertainment". Whilst its not going to stop people supporting the Rovers, it will make people less likely to come to every game.

Going to the Rovers competes with a number of other hobbies that I could do with my precious free time. I try not to miss home games but there are a few times a season where I have a better offer elsewhere for spending my time and hard earned cash. I rarely go to away games now.

With the Wales signing it was a strange one, he barely got a sniff at first team action and given the fact Weir was playing ahead of him you need to ask questions of why he was brought in when we could of easily brought someone on loan with the wage we were paying him.

Anyway no sense covering what has already been discussed we need to start looking forward, hoping we will bring in at least 2 other players, really need a right back (sorry Murray) and hopefully someone who can play in mid/striker

With the Wales signing it was a strange one, he barely got a sniff at first team action and given the fact Weir was playing ahead of him you need to ask questions of why he was brought in when we could of easily brought someone on loan with the wage we were paying him.

Anyway no sense covering what has already been discussed we need to start looking forward, hoping we will bring in at least 2 other players, really need a right back (sorry Murray) and hopefully someone who can play in mid/striker

Had a quick scan on Fantalk, and apparently us and Partick are after Derek Lyle :unsure:

The price rise is not really the issue though its the value assessment in paying £17 for 2 hours "entertainment". Whilst its not going to stop people supporting the Rovers, it will make people less likely to come to every game.

Going to the Rovers competes with a number of other hobbies that I could do with my precious free time. I try not to miss home games but there are a few times a season where I have a better offer elsewhere for spending my time and hard earned cash. I rarely go to away games now.

Spot on there DJD - a Rovers home game is really £20 as you're going to buy a pie/bovril/programme/5050 ticket. Add in travel from Dundee or Edinburgh which is another £20 (scandalously overpriced ScotRail/petrol to thank here, but that's a separate rant) and then throw in the pub, which granted costs me less than it used to as most of my mates have evening plans with wives and/or children, but you're looking at another £20 without even going back after the game.

£60 for a day at Starks Park? Actually - for 2 hours at Starks' Park? Rovers need to find a way to bring people to the stadium earlier, and keep them there later. I've got no problem spending £60 for a few hours fun on a Sturday afternoon, but the money may as well go to the club. But then I guess RRFC would fall out with local business who want the fans in town until 2:45pm. That's tough though - we all hate the concept of 'product' and 'package' when talking about our club, but Rovers are (allegedly) in the entertainment business in that they compete with other family/youth/oap pastimes. More fans need to be attracted, and more fans who go sometimes need a reason to go more often. An ever shrinking core of 'diehards' is no customer base on which to develop the club. A lot of these guys are young, and trust me, they won't go as much in the future.

Price rises may be a constant in life, but only because people are fucking idiots. Would you rather I came to 6 homes games at £17, or 18 at £10? And while I'm spending that £10 would you like another £10er off me for food/beer? Just a thought.

Oh aye, and Gary Wales was a stupid signing. His girlfriend's presence in the main stand aside.

I don't see how signing Gary Wales was a bad idea if we had the money. He was there as a back up to Tade and Baird, if they so happened to get injured or suspended. Remarkably, both were fit and playable all season. Then Wales had some terribly back luck with a recurring hamstring problem. I'm not even sure he was getting paid much more than expenses, he was on an amateur contract.

We will never get answers from the Board but it would be good to know:

1) What home attendance are they budgeting for?

2) What cup income do they budget for?

3) what level of commercial income do they budget for?

4) What are the big items of expenditure? Mortgage, Wages, Utilities Maintenance etc.

We have a fans representative on the board. Maybe he can answer these question. They are after all, pretty straight forward questions and really there is no reason for facts like these to be kept secret.

I really wonder how a small percentage of our support manage to dress themselves in the morning.

From a financial point of view Gary Wales should never have been brought in, Kevin McBride the same, I can accept that.

For anyone to sit there and say he was "an awful signing" and all the rest of it though need to engage the brain a little more. No one at the time knew he was going to be injured for virtually the whole time he was here and I would wager the vast majority were delighted when they heard he had returned as they thought back to his performances for the club first time round.

To now sit there and effectively slag off the club for his non contribution on the pitch in his second spell is both pathetic and enraging in equal measure. How were the board were meant to know he wasnt going to be fit or upto it second time round?

There really is no pleasing some folk, anything for a whinge.

I really wonder how a small percentage of our support manage to dress themselves in the morning.

From a financial point of view Gary Wales should never have been brought in, Kevin McBride the same, I can accept that.

For anyone to sit there and say he was "an awful signing" and all the rest of it though need to engage the brain a little more. No one at the time knew he was going to be injured for virtually the whole time he was here and I would wager the vast majority were delighted when they heard he had returned as they thought back to his performances for the club first time round.

To now sit there and effectively slag off the club for his non contribution on the pitch in his second spell is both pathetic and enraging in equal measure. How were the board were meant to know he wasnt going to be fit or upto it second time round?

Green dot for this. Spot on with everything you say here.

The start of the new season can't come quickly enough, it really has been non-stop moaning for the last month or so.

In other news, Rovers have welcomed a new addition to the board of directors who has invested in shares, details in tomorrows FFP.

Green dot

So enough again about the doom and gloom...

Any word on the strips? :)

I'm sure I read somewhere we were getting to see the new home kit this week.

The away strip isn't getting shown until July, the club are trying to keep the colour/design under wraps until its official launch. It's apparently something very different to what we're used to though.

I'm pretty sure if memory serves me correct when he came in there was more than a fair few Rovers fans claiming it would win them the league, similarly on fantalk a few where laughing at the "past it crock" who had just signed for Dunfermline from St Johnstone...

The start of the new season can't come quickly enough, it really has been non-stop moaning for the last month or so.

I'm pretty sure the Rovers fans were happyier last season having just finished 7th :huh:

Losing to us must've been pretty shit but considering you finished second I would've thought there would've been more happiness....

I'm pretty sure if memory serves me correct when he came in there was more than a fair few Rovers fans claiming it would win them the league, similarly on fantalk a few where laughing at the "past it crock" who had just signed for Dunfermline from St Johnstone...

I'm pretty sure the Rovers fans were happyier last season having just finished 7th :huh:

Losing to us must've been pretty shit but considering you finished second I would've thought there would've been more happiness....

I'm happier knowing we can win at spelling.

Your are quite correct, but the whinging moaning greeting faced twats forget we still have McGlynn. Its been fun fun fun since he arrived at the club, dare say we will have another wee diddy venture next season along the way some where. "thinks" must check speling.....doh!