The New Raith Rovers Thread

confirmed on fb

would like to thank all the fans that followed me over my time at the rovers, as everybody know, i sadly had to reject the offer from the rovers to follow my progression in football, i am delighted today to announce that i sign a contract with ICT in the spl, so thank you all.

Tade has signed for Inverness on a one year contract.but what did surprise me is that his contract at Raith dosen't run out till the end of June. :unsure:

Because he rejected our last offer maybe mcglynn said he can sign for someone else

Tade has signed for Inverness on a one year contract.but what did surprise me is that his contract at Raith dosen't run out till the end of June. :unsure:

The Courier clarifies it as a PCA he's signed until the end of the month for the very reason he's mentioned.

Good luck Gregory.

Anyway, on to next season. Im not as pessimistic as I usually am! Hopefully the starting 11 will look like this.

GK Mcgurn

RB - New Signing

CB - Murray

CB - Ellis

LB - Dyer

RM - Walker

CM - Davidson

CM - Hamill

LM - McBride

CF - Baird

CF - Graham

Sub 1 - Williamson

Sub 2 - Hill

Sub 3 - SPL Loanee

Sub 4 - SPL Loanee

Sub GK - Laidlaw (I think??)

Starting 11 is no worse than last season tbh. Just a matter of dealing with injuries etc.

Good luck Gregory.

Anyway, on to next season. Im not as pessimistic as I usually am! Hopefully the starting 11 will look like this.

GK Mcgurn

RB - New Signing

CB - Murray

CB - Ellis

LB - Dyer

RM - Walker

CM - Davidson

CM - Hamill

LM - McBride

CF - Baird

CF - Graham

Sub 1 - Williamson

Sub 2 - Hill

Sub 3 - SPL Loanee

Sub 4 - SPL Loanee

Starting 11 is no worse than last season tbh. Just a matter of dealing with injuries etc.

Agree its not so doom and gloom after all

Good luck Gregory.

GK Mcgurn

RB - New Signing

CB - Murray

CB - Ellis

LB - Dyer

RM - Walker

CM - Davidson

CM - Hamill

LM - McBride

CF - Baird

CF - Graham

Sub 1 - Williamson

Sub 2 - Hill

Sub 3 - SPL Loanee

Sub 4 - SPL Loanee

It is Laidlaw aye.

It's not a bad line up at all to be honest provided the RB is a decent player. There have to be quesions about whether McBride can start every game and perform well enough to push us forward. I'm a fan but I'm not sure that consistency is his strong point. That said, playing week in / week out might do the trick for him.

Whether the SPL loanees are any use, we'll have to discover but I do hope at least one of them has some pace.

IF we sign a new RB. I suspect we will, but remain woefully short up front and McGlynn might choose to address that first.

It's sobering looking at the squad from last year and this year:

Last year:

GK - McGurn, McNeil

DEF - Campbell, Murray, Ellis, Hill, Dyer, Wedderburn, Wilson

MID - Walker, Davidson, Simmons, Ferry, S.McBride, K. McBride, Williamson

FWD - Baird, Tade, Weir, Wales

Total: 20

You could argue it's unfair that I've included K. McBride, but I'm taking it as the team that finished the season and he started every game he was here. 5 of those that left were considered starters.

This year:

GK - McGurn, Laidlaw

DEF - Murray, Hill, Dyer, Ellis

MID - Walker, McBride, Williamson, Davidson, Hamill

FWD - Baird, Graham

Total: 13 (-7)

We've another player to come in which will bring us to 14, and then we're looking for a couple of loanees. Personally, I would sign a RB, and get a striker and a midfielder in on loan. I don't think that will be adequate, but sadly it's all we can do, really.

IF we sign a new RB. I suspect we will, but remain woefully short up front and McGlynn might choose to address that first.

It's sobering looking at the squad from last year and this year:

Last year:

GK - McGurn, McNeil

DEF - Campbell, Murray, Ellis, Hill, Dyer, Wedderburn, Wilson

MID - Walker, Davidson, Simmons, Ferry, S.McBride, K. McBride, Williamson

FWD - Baird, Tade, Weir, Wales

Total: 20

You could argue it's unfair that I've included K. McBride, but I'm taking it as the team that finished the season and he started every game he was here. 5 of those that left were considered starters.

This year:

GK - McGurn, Laidlaw

DEF - Murray, Hill, Dyer, Ellis

MID - Walker, McBride, Williamson, Davidson, Hamill

FWD - Baird, Graham

Total: 13 (-7)

We've another player to come in which will bring us to 14, and then we're looking for a couple of loanees. Personally, I would sign a RB, and get a striker and a midfielder in on loan. I don't think that will be adequate, but sadly it's all we can do, really.

If you are going to include McBride, then you should probably discount Wedderburn certainly, Wales and arguably Weir given the lack of playing time and impact those guys had, the fact is that we pretty much played last season with 17-18 players. Not 20, and with a couple of loanees we'll probsbly come in around 16 guys this time.

Edited by renton

With a rent of £480 a month, I doubt keeping money aside would have been a sensible decision.

Where are you staying, I lived in Edinburgh (probably most expensive renting market in Scotland) for seven years and never payed more than 290 a month for any flat lived in! Must be a hell of a flat.

Where are you staying, I lived in Edinburgh (probably most expensive renting market in Scotland) for seven years and never payed more than 290 a month for any flat lived in! Must be a hell of a flat.

Cheaper getting a bus pass, and scrounging at home.

It's in the city centre, and it turns out it's around £410 a month.

Hopefully thats the end of the Tade love in.

As for the relative squad sizes for the last 2 seasons, someone seriously got their sums wrong last season.

Hear fukin hear

£290 p/m in Edinburgh? You'll struggle to get a place in Kirkcaldy for that!

Have you been living in a shed in Pilton or something, renton?

Thinking that myself.A one bed in KDY is £300+,two bed £400+

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/Sport/Football/article/14678/battling-fife-rivals-were-playing-for-jobs-says-former-raith-rover-stephen-simmons.html

A somewhat interesting interview with Stephen Simmons. Claims the players were told in January there would be massive cuts if we didn't win the league. Not an ideal thing to be telling the players.

Someone really, really, really fucked up with the budget last season. What kind of crowds were we aiming for?! We were up 500 on average.