The New Raith Rovers Thread

Got to love the fans who blame our two strikers for not getting promoted when our defence leaked goals to often aswell the full team just didnt have that edge that was needed omo

Got to love the fans who blame our two strikers for not getting promoted when our defence leaked goals to often aswell the full team just didnt have that edge that was needed omo

its a combination of different factors at different times, yes we missed some easy chances but then we also conceeded some stupid goals

tbh for a team in the position we are in we couldnt afford to bring in someone who would automatically score us 15+ goals in a season, i was still very happy with Baird and Tade, if Baird was allowed a bit more freedom to roam around the box maybe he would of scored more maybe he wouldnt no point dwelling on what could of been we need to start looking forward. Hopefully the board and manager can come to an understanding between what we can afford while realising that we need to try and show that we are a club with ambition by making signings to move the club forward

I am genuinely in shock that our two forwards from last season appear to be moving up into the SPL. They hardly tore the First a new one last season when scoring goals was our biggest failing and probably the reason why we didn't get promoted!

Nevertheless I would wish them every success unless they sign for the Pars. I've seen too many real rovers legends become tarnished by doing that!

They certainly were not a Dalziel/Brewster or Smith/Wright partnership.

its a combination of different factors at different times, yes we missed some easy chances but then we also conceeded some stupid goals

tbh for a team in the position we are in we couldnt afford to bring in someone who would automatically score us 15+ goals in a season, i was still very happy with Baird and Tade, if Baird was allowed a bit more freedom to roam around the box maybe he would of scored more maybe he wouldnt no point dwelling on what could of been we need to start looking forward. Hopefully the board and manager can come to an understanding between what we can afford while realising that we need to try and show that we are a club with ambition by making signings to move the club forward

Throughout the course of the season the defence did what was expected and the forwards got us goals. What cost us the league IMO was having no creativity in midfield and at times having no midfield. Also the lack of backup to Tade and Baird was telling Wales and Weir complete waste of wage.

Having weir/wales as back-up was brutal, hope we learn from this next season. Also when wales was fit he wasnt given any chance at all its very hard to get form playing for 5mins at a time. We need a resonable 3rd stricker that can challenge for a place.

Regarding this "big name player", I wouldn't have thought it would be Casa. The guy would command a big wage and I'm sure he was quoted in either The Sun or Daily Record that he would only sign if Rovers gained promotion to the SPL.

Armand 'Hot Pants' One would do me fine. Terrific entertainment to watch him and he also scores a few screamers.

Edited by St. Starko

Regarding this "big name player", I wouldn't have thought it would be Casa. The guy would command a big wage and I'm sure he was quoted in either The Sun or Daily Record that he would only sign if Rovers gained promotion to the SPL.

Armand 'Hot Pants' One would do me fine. Terrific entertainment to watch him and he also scores a few screamers.

Found his level in Div 3, no thanks. Maybe Colin Samual, very similar to Tade, scores more goals and is being released by St. Johnstone!!!!

The last time we heard we were signing a big name in the mid-late 90's it turned out to be Derek Holmes. I'm not even expecting it to be as good as that this time.

Scored the goal to keep us in this division.

Edited by Whistle Blower

I think now Cowden have been relegated we will get a bit of signing news through soon

If this is Greg Stewart then I'm happy with that signing as he looks like a cracking prospect.

Him alongside Damian Casalinuovo would have the potential to be a better partnership than Tade & Baird. :ph34r:

Found his level in Div 3, no thanks. Maybe Colin Samual, very similar to Tade, scores more goals and is being released by St. Johnstone!!!!

:lol: I take it you haven't watched him this season? He can barely move and he's only scored three goals this term.

Put down the bottle of Absinthe at once!

I'd be very happy if Kevin Smith returned, although our playing style would need a radical overhaul as neither Smith nor Graham are the quickest. If we could hang on to Baird, then at least we'd have one striker who could come off the bench and offer us something.

I would appreciate if this supposed big name was announced in the next couple of days, because I'm going on holiday on Friday and don't want to be 'that guy' who's on the internet every day to check the signing news!