The New Raith Rovers Thread

We haven't, I imagine we will play either Dundee or Cowden.

Home or away against Cowden?

If you're at home, it'll probably be down to whichever team you'd rather face on a Saturday in terms of the gate.

More likely to get a bigger crowd against Dundee.

I suspect he was fishing <_<

I hope it's us that gets the Saturday spot, because I'm not a fan of midweek away games, however small the distance.

There's also the (remote) possibility of us being able to play Queen of the South then as well, but that would need them to lose to Brechin and Ross County to beat Dundee Utd. Anyway, this is now shifting to a more Dundee-oriented ramble, so I shall withdraw :lol:

Rovers v Dundee on a saturday. Good crowd.

Rovers v Cowdenbeath on a saturday. Good crowd.

Rovers v Dundee on a tuesday. Decent crowd.

Rovers v Cowdenbeath on a tuesday. Pish crowd.

I'd rather play Cowdenbeath on a Saturday.

NB. This post may well be what is in fact, pish.

The longer we put of playing Dundee the better, ideally until february. I'd be more likely to miss the game but I'd rather we played against a team which did not feature Griffiths and Harkins than one that did. Ideally, a few bits will come in, they'll head off to new pastures and we will then play them. It might seem a bit low and scummy saying that, but then Dundee deserve to lose their best players if they go into administration and fail to look after their club.

The 5th of February would see us face them without those two, if indeed the pair are going to depart Dens. Off the record, Barry Smith's unbeaten record came to an end today, a very impressive run if I do say so.

As for keeping those two, the counter argument is that you keep your saleable assets and then dispose of them at a reduced, but decent price when you can (i.e. the transfer window opens). Now, should they not to sell them, I'd argue they didn't cut their cloth sufficiently, but if they do then it's probably going to give the club a better chance of staying afloat.

/Dundee stuff from me.

We've 3 games needing rescheduled: Cowden & Dundee (H) and Stirling Albion (A). We don't have a cup run to stop us playing on SC Saturdays this season, so depending on how other games get resheduled, we might manage to get 2 of them played on Saturdays.

Edited by Michael W

Unless im being a complete fanny surely it's impossible to have a winner takes all situation with three games to go?

Poor word choice on my part. I meant that the title could be won by either team on that day. Probably should have just said that, tit.

Were it the Pars that could win the league, I think I'd stay at home.

I'm quite glad P&B has avoided becoming awash with rumours the entire squad are off in January like FanTalk has. However, in light of such rumours, it's probably time to start thinking about getting some of our players signed up for the next season or two.

If the Rovers were already out of the title chase, and we went to East End Park on a day when the Pars could win the league, I'd have to spend days thinking about whether or not to go. It'd be glorious to stop them (even if temporarily) but it'd be heartbreaking to actually witness them winning the league.

The opposite though, is almost beyond dreaming about. It's petty as f**k, but how great would it be to win the league at the home of our greatest rivals?

If the Rovers were already out of the title chase, and we went to East End Park on a day when the Pars could win the league, I'd have to spend days thinking about whether or not to go. It'd be glorious to stop them (even if temporarily) but it'd be heartbreaking to actually witness them winning the league.

The opposite though, is almost beyond dreaming about. It's petty as f**k, but how great would it be to win the league at the home of our greatest rivals?

The former scenario sounds a nightmare, the latter would be, as you say, beyond our wildest dreams. I like many thought that we'd be better off this season, but never did I anticipate being in 3rd (2nd when you take 25 points off Dundee) in virtually the middle of january. This year it will be interesting as how teams handle the additional games could be an interesting factor in the league.

Having had a wee peak at the end of the season fixtures, i've discovered that we play the pars away with three games to go. Can you imagine if it goes down to that game, winner takes all situation?

We then play Falkirk at home on the last game of the season, going to be one explosive end!

We'll let Falkirk win that one and we'll take the even better prize of promotion;)

Since we're kind folks we might give Raith 3rd place:whistle

Got to say it would be great for the First Division if it went down to the last day with 2, even 3 teams still in with a shout. Unfortunately I think we'll be a few points back by then but you never know.

Showing my age but I remember us down at Stranraer and Ayr playing Stirling and all of us in with a chance of going up. We rushed to a 4-1 lead then had to hope Ayr got beat. They were losing 3-0 but got it back to 3-2 and the last ten minutes were torture (this was the days before mobile phones or remote web access). Thankfully Ayr lost and we were up and we all piled on the pitch. Still remember some boys pleading with the bus driver on the way back to take a wee diversion through Ayr. Sadly he refused. Happy days smile.gif