The New Raith Rovers Thread

Been recieving e.mails asking if the show is due to return so here is an update:

We are up and running with the long promised end of season interview along with an interview with Laurie post the 2-0 Pars win.

Hope you enjoy them after the wait. We have decided to hand the decision over to Rovers fans as to whether we will do anymore shows so will be uploading a questionnaire on TTT site in the coming days. If there is enough interest then the guys have agreed to get back in the studio. If not TTT goes up in the attic under the 1970's Shoot annuals.

As well as securing the show, filling out the questionnaire will get you a bit access to a particulalrly good interview which we have held back on using.

If you havent used the show/site its been going now for a couple of seasons and a mixture of one off interviews and full shows can be heard at:

http://www.thetreatmenttable.net/

Cheers

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Partick-Thistle-could--be.6513093.jp?

Can any Raith Rovers fan please confirm our chairman is talking shite when he says this regarding your part time/full time status...

"Look at Raith Rovers, who are deservedly sitting at the top of the league just now. I think they have only nine full-time players, with the rest part-time."

It is indeed shite. Mark Campbell, Davie McGurn, Andy McNeil and Mark Ferry are part-time. Fourteen full-timers, four part-timers, and the youth squad to back up if need be.

:lol: Yes he's talking guff.

It won't be the first time he's talking guff to be quite honest.

I suppose, in fairness, there were nine full time players who lined up against Thistle on the opening day of the season, maybe he's just a little confused.

This is the laying of the foundations for us going part time.

Nothing wrong with making the step 'down' to part-time football. There are plenty decent players out there who have successful careers outside of football and are only looking to play part-time, a club the size of Partick would, in theory, be a more appealing club for part-time players to join.

Nothing wrong with making the step 'down' to part-time football. There are plenty decent players out there who have successful careers outside of football and are only looking to play part-time, a club the size of Partick would, in theory, be a more appealing club for part-time players to join.

Bang on, we've definitely benefited in recent years by being arguably the most attractive club offering part-time football.

And anyway, the vast majority of Scottish players are part-time anyway - some just see X-Box Live as their other job.

Been recieving e.mails asking if the show is due to return so here is an update:

We are up and running with the long promised end of season interview along with an interview with Laurie post the 2-0 Pars win.

Hope you enjoy them after the wait. We have decided to hand the decision over to Rovers fans as to whether we will do anymore shows so will be uploading a questionnaire on TTT site in the coming days. If there is enough interest then the guys have agreed to get back in the studio. If not TTT goes up in the attic under the 1970's Shoot annuals.

As well as securing the show, filling out the questionnaire will get you a bit access to a particulalrly good interview which we have held back on using.

If you havent used the show/site its been going now for a couple of seasons and a mixture of one off interviews and full shows can be heard at:

Cheers

The show is great. I usually end up listening to it days after it's become old news, but it's still very entertaining, and informative.

Cheers

Speaking to Davie Hancock when we went to do the Jimmy Nich interview gave me a good idea of the massive amount of work that these guys do to provide another excellent medium connected to RRFC.

I hope they get the support they deserve when the questionnaire comes out and would urge everyone to get right behind them.

• 2 weeks later...

As soon as I saw this thread had been bumped, I knew it would be something to do with Mark Campbell - thankfully it's very good news about him! good to see him get back on a football pitch.

I do love Mark Campbell. :wub:

Edit: I love him so much I managed to somehow post that twice!

Edited by Michael W

The only thing that springs to my mind is that Tadé could drop back into midfield, with Wales going up front.

I have nothing against signing him in principle as I also rate him highly, but I'd say midfield is where we're at our shortest. I don't think we need any more defenders, even despite the injuries we have there at present.

Edited by Michael W

Mark Campbell!! :D :D

This is indeed good news, hopefully he comes through the reserve game in decent shape, and could even make the bench for Saturday? Even as an unused sub, it would give the team a massive boost to have him in the squad! Hopefully Gary Wales puts pen to paper as well!