The New Raith Rovers Thread

http://www.scottishf. ..com/club/raith/

look down to the strips. we have a disgusting 3rd strip! trust us Rovers fans to find things for ourselves

While everyone else is here in the future, I'd like to send a message back the past that you get news in to tell you that we have just beaten the Pars 2-0 through goals from Davo and the townie keeper.:unsure:

While everyone else is here in the future, I'd like to send a message back the past that you get news in to tell you that we have just beaten the Pars 2-0 through goals from Davo and the townie keeper.unsure.gif

I know that but i'm not posting anything yet as I may get a little carried away. Seen this a few days ago and thought I'd share it.

Just been browsing the Raith vs Cowden thread and it is quite interesting to see how the team has started to pick itself. Obviously Davo's suspension led to Ferry getting in the team, but we dropped Weir for Baird and we've looked a solid unit. The game against Accies will be a headache for McGlynn with Davo playing well and scoring though I think it should (and hopefully will) be Williamson who misses out. Mole has done well since rejoining getting a goal and looking lively. Dyer has improved massively since the Cowden game too looking much more reassured and making it difficult for Dougie Hill to get into the team.

Most amusing to read the reactions from VikingTon and Monster who were quick to put the boot in. While I accept that the season has only just begun, we're the only unbeaten team left in the league for the 2nd season in a row. We look a lot more difficult to break down as a unit. Long may it continue. While I'd like to see us progress in the cup, given the choice between that and beating Morton, I'd pick the latter. If we can make it 12 from 12, bearing in mind McGlynn is aiming for 12 points each quarter, I'd be ecstatic.

:lol: Bit confused with that one? I'm obsessed and he is the one who has picked a quote from me about rather having 3 points than a win in the cup?:blink:

:lol:

You really might want to leave your laptop turned off before you go out drinking. It doesn't end well for you.

He's put it into his signature as well!!! :lol:

:lol: Bit confused with that one? I'm obsessed and he is the one who has picked a quote from me about rather having 3 points than a win in the cup?:blink:

It clearly has nothing to do with the points and everything to do with the 'glamour' of the opponent. ;)

Oh dear.

On another note, Mark Ferry. What's happened? Last season he was far from a regular starter, indeed most of his appearances were as an emergency left back. He's started this season like a man possessed. Our best player in the last two matches, I'd say.

I'm delighted for him, he used to take the brunt of the stick in the Second Division for some reason (partly because he looked like Davidson) but if he keeps this form up he'll be in the team all year.

All hail Fez.

Oh dear.

On another note, Mark Ferry. What's happened? Last season he was far from a regular starter, indeed most of his appearances were as an emergency left back. He's started this season like a man possessed. Our best player in the last two matches, I'd say.

I'm delighted for him, he used to take the brunt of the stick in the Second Division for some reason (partly because he looked like Davidson) but if he keeps this form up he'll be in the team all year.

All hail Fez.

I told you if he got a run of games he would do well! ;)

Oh dear.

All hail Fez.

Been saying that all along. Actually considering buying a Fez to wear to the games if he carries on his form he has started in. I remember when he first started at the club, as you say, he got a lot of stick after missing the rebound from the second penalty against East Fife. How times have changed.

I've always thought Ferry was a decent player, his problem was/is that he does have a lack of pace. His passing and shooting are both very good usually and I can't think of occasions he's let us down.

He's looked a bit more pacey this season, perhaps he's worked on fitness/sprinting a fair bit over the summer?

Just a wee question, (maybe I think Andy C would know best as he arrived late at the game on Saturday?).

Anyways I was a season ticket holder last season but I now play Amateur football meaning I can't get to games anymore unless we have a free week :(. I play locally so was wondering what the script is for getting into Starks for the second half ? Ive got a midweek game in Lochgelly on Tuesday and was hoping to catch some of the Cup tie, and Im also playing at home next Saturday and was hoping to get in for the second half against Morton.

Cheers in advance for any replies !