The New Raith Rovers Thread

Could somebody going to the game please fire a few updates on either this thread or the pre-season friendly one?

I'm working tonight... in Larbert. FFS.

From the training rooms (where background noise is at a minimum) you can actually hear the roar of the crowd when a goal goes in during a league game. I doubt the muted cheers and muffled applause generated at a friendly will quite make it as far as TSC though.

If anyone actually gives a toss about this match, our players to watch out for are Grant Anderson, a lightning right winger, Ross Clark, a box to box midfielder and Andy Stirling, an enigma of an attacking midfielder.

Interesting comment from McGlynn in this week's press suggesting that Tuesday's game has muddied rather than clarified his idea of what the current first choice tea is.

Which was pretty much what I thought myself, the fact that we started so well with Ferry on the left, Williamson on the right and Tadé up front was hugely encouraging, there are quite a few options there. Which we'll need once injuries kick in, but at the moment I don't know what I'd start with. I think I'd leave Ferry in - so probably Tuesday's team but with McGurn in for McNeil, Hill for Wedderburn and Baird for Weir. I'm not sure about central midfield, hard to pick which two of Davo, Simmons and Walker should play except to note that I would only play two of them.

Sorry, that's just the stock response over there when someone gets telt for spouting pish.

Sorry,wouldn`t know and the guy IMO ;) ain`t spouting pish regarding preferring Williams to O Carroll.

Graham Weir scored his first goal in 14 months, what do we need O'Carroll for ?

You know, I'm almost certain that McGlynn entertained that exact thought 30 minutes into the game on tuesday night.

God help us :ph34r: