The New Raith Rovers Thread

Also, anyone else think it's worth offering McGlynn a new contract? If he's signed up till the end of next season I suppose it isn't needed but if it's just till the end of the current campaign then we should be looking into it. I'm sure a few teams will start sniffing around if we continue on this good run.

Agreed, we want compensation if someone is going to take McGlynn from us. If he is only contracted till end of year,we need something done and quick.

Tadé's a big legend. I can't wait until the next time he scores purely to see his celebration.

Hopefully we'll see backflips by the end of the season...

I can't wait for his next goal, hopefully his interview will be just as intertaining.

• 1 month later...

And so it would appear that Iain Davidson walked free from court, cleared of the charge(s) against him.

Good news, for sure. It's clear that he's not exactly behaved in an angelic manner. Basically, a bloke has started on him, and he's punched him, once, in the face.

You get the feeling that if he wasn't who he was (not that he's a "celebrity"), nobody would've ever thought twice about it, particularly the bloke who got skelped.

And so it would appear that Iain Davidson walked free from court, cleared of the charge(s) against him.

Good news, for sure. It's clear that he's not exactly behaved in an angelic manner. Basically, a bloke has started on him, and he's punched him, once, in the face.

You get the feeling that if he wasn't who he was (not that he's a "celebrity"), nobody would've ever thought twice about it, particularly the bloke who got skelped.

Isn't Ben Archibald who wrote that piece 'Arch' on here?

Yes he walked free from court but I wouldn`t say he was cleared

He pleaded guilty to assault but was admonished as the judge accepeted that there was some provocation.The disposal counts as a conviction and means he has a crimial record but there was no punishment

Isn't Ben Archibald who wrote that piece 'Arch' on here?

Aye.

Say what you like about his footballing ability, but he looks very dapper in a Raith Rovers suit. He stuck out like a sore thumb, whilst surrounded by neds in trackies.

The best bit of the day was that some Raith fans were waiting for him at the foyer after the case. They were saying "Iain just go outside and get your picture taken. Any publicity is good publicity for the club" in a Fifeshire screech.

Edited by The Arch

Why do you have to say "a footy ace" rather than " a first division footballer", or whatever?

Papers tabloidize(not sure if that's even a word) stories to appeal to their readers.

The style of the stories sent out by news agencies will be altered to appeal to the readership of the set papers.