The New Raith Rovers Thread

At least there's one thing us and Dunfermline fans can agree on and that is Falkirk are utter mutants with an absolute moon howling whinging fan base. They are also very shite at football which is highly amusing. 

9 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I get what your saying 100%, my main concern also is the defence that’s the priority now.

Onto McKay the biggest stumbling block in my opinion  would be his wage demands and they would probably be out of our reach and being 34 he would have relocate from the highlands and he’s got a family etc 

Yup that’s pretty much it. We’ve also done the signing players that love scoring against us routine too and failed miserably. Defence has to be the priority now.

6 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

He’s supposed to be away to play in Cyprus again.

Failing that, he’s another who stays in Dumfries so if he is hanging around Scotland then Kirkcaldy may be a bit of a trek for him. 

Seems to be the in place amongst the Scottish Championship fraternity. Queen of the South have a captive player market open to them if they can stop being muck. 

3 minutes ago, Raithie said:

At least there's one thing us and Dunfermline fans can agree on and that is Falkirk are utter mutants with an absolute moon howling whinging fan base. They are also very shite at football which is highly amusing. 

Hopefully that’s the only thing we’ll agree on. The thought of getting cosy with the Townies doesn’t bare thinking about🤮😆

4 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Seems to be the in place amongst the Scottish Championship fraternity. Queen of the South have a captive player market open to them if they can stop being muck. 

It’s probably to do with the relative peace and quiet they get with it being the arse end of nowhere😎😝

34 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I think QoTS train in Glasgow however! 

I think with the signings we have made so far, we are in my opinion likely to see us using more than the 4-2-3-1 formation and if we add 2 experienced centre backs then maybe even play with 3 at the back allowing us to push the full-backs further forward and be less easy for the opposition to read how we play.

1 minute ago, Raith69 said:

I think with the signings we have made so far, we are in my opinion likely to see us using more than the 4-2-3-1 formation and if we add 2 experienced centre backs then maybe even play with 3 at the back allowing us to push the full-backs further forward and be less easy for the opposition to read how we play.

If we do play 3 at the back we would definitely need a more dynamic, quick full back that can get up and down the park as I think Liam Dick ain’t that great going forward and crossing is quite poor and would most likely be on the left of the 3 where he’s actually been better at 

I saw the Courier mentioning we were still looking to add a couple of centre backs but I would be very surprised if we don't add another left back as well. I don't see any reason to suggest we won't be looking for a comparable level of depth in defence as we have elsewhere in the squad.

15 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

It was 17,000 last year, not sure on this year's figure. 

That is decent. You would imagine the TV would take say 1000 off the gate of what there may have been without TV. So at 15 quid a ticket this covers that. 

Although saying that, likely cheap tickets and first competitive game after the summer. A derby, Pars on a promotion bounce and our club having a takeover feel good bounce, crowd might be very good anyway, regardless of TV.

Edited by HIT THE CHANNEL

Still 17k

The total prize money to be shared with clubs for the upcoming Viaplay Cup will amount to £2,361,000 – a rise of more than £200,000 from last season’s figure of £2,157,000.

The full schedule of prize monies is set out below:

• 1st round group stage - 5th position: £24,000 
  • 1st round group stage - 4th position: £25,500
  • 1st round group stage - 3rd position: £27,500
  • 1st round group stage - 5 worst runners-up: £32,000
  • 2nd round losers - £55,000
  • Quarter-final losers - £87,500
  • Semi-final losers - £120,000
  • Runners-up - £175,000
  • Winners - £380,000

In addition, each club playing in a live televised Viaplay Cup tie (home or away) will receive a facility fee payment of:

£17,000 (group stage); and £27,000 (second round, quarter-finals, semi-finals and final).

Edited by Rovers_Lad

11 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Still 17k

The total prize money to be shared with clubs for the upcoming Viaplay Cup will amount to £2,361,000 – a rise of more than £200,000 from last season’s figure of £2,157,000.

• Runners-up - £175,000
  • Winners - £380,000

In addition, each club playing in a live televised Viaplay Cup tie (home or away) will receive a facility fee payment of:

£17,000 (group stage); and £27,000 (second round, quarter-finals, semi-finals and final).

Yip, just saw that mate. Here is the link if folks want a read/for their records:

https://spfl.co.uk/news/press-release-record-prize-money-for-viaplay-cup

13 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Still 17k

• Runners-up - £175,000
  • Winners - £380,000

Not to be sniffed at 17k each for being on telly plus a 60/40 split gate, right at the start of the season, nice we cash injection for both clubs