The New Raith Rovers Thread

The Pars

Positives: Big crowd, more money especially if we are at home to them and they might take points off Killie to make the group more open. Negatives: Easily the hardest third seeds we could have got. Playing someone 5 times a season. 

The rest of the draw is not bad. Hope we get Annan away as it’s a great chance to go there for the first time. 

Edited by roverthemoon

3 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Am I the only one who thinks that group isnt as bad as what it seems? Capable of beating Them, Annan and Albion and you’ll never know might take something off Killie 

Could have done with a L1 side rather than the Pars but other than that I thought it was not bad. If we’re at home for the derby and away to Annan it’s decent. 

Edited by roverthemoon

42 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

I take it the gates are split, even so that's a nice wee earner at the start of the season, a sell out Starks would be pretty cool ( and ditch the fecking pyros for this one ) 

If I remember correctly it’s about a 52.5/37.5 or so split…but there are some finagles in there too.

On QP and Lesser…make them put up bouncy castles at the south end to increase capacity and fun.

If its Annan away I hope its a Saturday.  Get Galabank checked off the 'watched the Rovers at....'.

Our first competitive game against them ever.  We had a friendly tournet down there a few year back fwir.

As for Albion Rovers, hope they havent discovered another fat 60 year old striker like the one that used to always score against us!

Bring on the Townies.  As for Killie, reckon we can get a draw at Rugbrox.

It's an alright draw, Annan or Albion rovers are decent away trips to grounds we never go to, Killie will be an interesting one and could give an early Indication as to where we are at as a team. The pars would have been great had they not got promoted but it'll be 5 games in a season.  

14 minutes ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

If its Annan away I hope its a Saturday.  Get Galabank checked off the 'watched the Rovers at....'.

Our first competitive game against them ever.  

We beat them 3-0 in the semifinal of the Ramsden's Cup, the first time we won it, albeit at Stark's Park rather than Galabank.