The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 hours ago, TxRover said:

First job should be to clean up the website prior to a total overhaul. The overall state is embarrassing, with dead links and missing pages. An easy for instance is the sponsor a Jersey link, which basically says what you can do and the cost, but then directs you to look at individual player pages to see if they are available or already sponsored. It’s so much easier to build a master list, linked into that sponsor a player page, and then populate the player page data from the master list. All the commercial stuff is a complete mess too, so I’m a bit disappointed our new Commercial Manager doesn’t seem to have had a cow and demanded that be fixed pronto.

During the first interview with the consortium, Kilgour mentioned that a new website was on the agenda so I'm guessing that will progress when we fill this vacancy. Hopefully the commercial stuff will be updated when we launch this season's packages. 

20 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I’d like Dundee (H), Pars (H), East Fife (A) and Spartans (A) Like Dundee over DU because they’re a massive rebuild, Pars because why not, and the aways are nice and as close as it’s gonna get.

One thing's for sure, we're not going to get the gift of a draw we got last year again. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

During the first interview with the consortium, Kilgour mentioned that a new website was on the agenda so I'm guessing that will progress when we fill this vacancy. Hopefully the commercial stuff will be updated when we launch this season's packages. 

It's certainly been on the works even before the new board came in. The finances for it might have changed. There's also other aspects that people might not initially consider like how ticketing gets integrated (admittedly this changes with fanbase). 

4 hours ago, Scottydog said:

I'll take Ross (H), Montrose (A),Kelty Hearts(H) & Elgin (A) 

or

Dundee Utd (H) , Pars (H), East Fife (A) & Brechin (A)

45 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I’d like Dundee (H), Pars (H), East Fife (A) and Spartans (A) Like Dundee over DU because they’re a massive rebuild, Pars because why not, and the aways are nice and as close as it’s gonna get.

If it's done the same way it's always been done since Groups were brought back in, you'll be away to the top seeds in the group.

4 hours ago, Scottydog said:

I'll take Ross (H), Montrose (A),Kelty Hearts(H) & Elgin (A) 

or

Dundee Utd (H) , Pars (H), East Fife (A) & Brechin (A)

Unfortunately the top seeds are always at home to the second seeds.

I'll take Motherwell away (not been for a while), Montrose, Forfar and Brechin.

18 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Well that’s a relief. After sending out about 20 DM’s yesterday I’d have looked a right p***k if it had ended up being someone else!

I’m conflicted on the news. The Dumbarton and QOS fans rate him very highly. A lot of Hibs fans liked him too and wish he’d been given more of a chance. However, he had a bad game that one time against Dunfermline so I’m not sure how he can actually be any good?

Edited by R.R.FC

9 hours ago, raith1974 said:

It's not really an option for us seeing as McDonald is away

Don't see what the relevance of that is, we were comparing keepers after Mehmet got brought into it.

1 minute ago, Rob1885 said:

Don't see what the relevance of that is, we were comparing keepers after Mehmet got brought into it.

How often have you watched McDonald or Dabrowski to give any form of judgement.

47 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

How often have you watched McDonald or Dabrowski to give any form of judgement.

Macdonald, loads live across his career and on the box.

Dabrowski, once on the box and once in the flesh (in which he shipped 5)

1 hour ago, R.R.FC said:

Well that’s a relief. After sending out about 20 DM’s yesterday I’d have looked a right p***k if it had ended up being someone else!

I’m conflicted on the news. The Dumbarton and QOS fans rate him very highly. A lot of Hibs fans liked him too and wish he’d been given more of a chance. However, he had a bad game that one time against Dunfermline so I’m not sure how he can actually be any good?

Or Alan Temple posts on here and he was one of the folk that messaged you...

12 hours ago, Hadji said:

I Look at it as in we have Ross, Connolly and Mullin 3 very good and out and out wingers. 

Hamilton, Gullan and Vaughan all much better strikers.

Options of Mitchell as a striker or out wide, Easton capable of playing wide left if and when we get down to the barebones. 

Im not seeing where he fits in at the moment.

Murrayball IMO.

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

The ticketing platform must be the higher priority. That thing we used last season is absolutely crap - terrible interface and no payment confirmation appears so you have to sit and wait for the email to come. 

The website is dated but is at least functional. 

I know heehaw about Dabrowski, never seen him play nor knew of him until his name popped up on here. Hibs fans on Twitter seemed dissapointed when it was made official he was leaving. Ultimately if Dabrowski turns out to be a dud it won't make a difference, if he ships 5 goals in a game we'll just score 6. 

Defenders next please Murray and co.

I’m still of the belief we may see an outgoing of one of the attacking players, it’ll be difficult to keep them all happy.

However, if you compare the numbers to the end of last season they are the same (albeit hopefully they’ll all be fit at the same time for once!). It is just that we look to have substantially improved the quality so there is genuine competition for places.

We’ve replaced McBride, Akio and Goncalves with Mullin, Smith and Hamilton.

31 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

So you've seen Dabrowski once, I'm sure we can all say that some players have had poor games but are very good. Macdonald shipped 4 against Hamilton a couple of seasons ago.

2 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Macdonald shipped 4 against Hamilton a couple of seasons ago.

5 against Queens Park last season as well. However your overall point is correct, can't use that as a barometer of a keeper being gash as we all know MacDonald was a very good keeper for us overall. 

38 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Could it be that QoS were poor throughout the season. A team I personally thought would’ve fought hard to get back to the Championship. MacDonald shipped 4 against a pish Hamilton team and let 5 in against moneybags QP what metric will you make of that.