The New Raith Rovers Thread

45 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Can't say I was impressed by Dabrowski at all when we played against him. Mehmet is far from perfect but I wouldnt be going for Dabrowski over him. 

Then again I wouldn't have signed Callum Smith based on last season either. 

On these highlights alone 11. 21. 16 14 look awright.  Not much shown o mehmet tho 

12 minutes ago, Raith_Rasta said:

On these highlights alone 11. 21. 16 14 look awright.  Not much shown o mehmet tho 

Mehmet didn't have allot to do last season in general tbf, we were pretty solid defensively. He also didn't make many mistakes when called upon, was just pretty solid. He's far from perfect but on the small sample I seen Dabrowski didn't impress. 

Speaking of Dabrowski I don’t know much about him but from the few Hibs supporters I know they rated him highly and said he could’ve been there No1 so if it is him then we need to see how he is can’t really judge him based on a loan spell at queen of the south

no offence but it was queen of the south and they didn’t exactly do well in L1 last season finishing what 6th? Maybe with hopefully a good CH partnership in front of him he could be great 

The calibre of signings we've made this close season has been great for our level. We just need to sort the back door out now. 

After years of penny-pinching and mediocrity year in year out this feels like an exciting time to support Raith Rovers.

I don't understand the smith signing. we have a host of players who can play in the positions this lad can play, and im not sure hes better than any of the ones we have at the club.

Only way it makes sence is if we're set to lose one or two. 

2 minutes ago, Hadji said:

I don't understand the smith signing. we have a host of players who can play in the positions this lad can play, and im not sure hes better than any of the ones we have at the club.

I'm not sure he's better either, but he's different and that's what we need. More variety. 

15 minutes ago, Hadji said:

The latter part was my thinking as well maybe one or 2 has been told or wants to go and maybe work in the background is currently going on to do it. 

I won’t be surprised if it’s Ross or Gullan or maybe both tbqh as those 2 we’d likely get decent fees for despite the injury hit season. 

27 minutes ago, Hadji said:

I dunno, you could look at it as two quality players for each position, instead of shiting it because Connolly is injured and we are relying on Connor McBride.

A squad instead of 11 decent players and filler.

Assuming we manage to sign some CBs.

35 minutes ago, Hadji said:

He's got pace, and we've already established that was a major miss last few seasons. 

4 minutes ago, renton said:

I dunno, you could look at it as two quality players for each position, instead of shiting it because Connolly is injured and we are relying on Connor McBride.

A squad instead of 11 decent players and filler.

Assuming we manage to sign some CBs.

I Look at it as in we have Ross, Connolly and Mullin 3 very good and out and out wingers. 

Hamilton, Gullan and Vaughan all much better strikers.

Options of Mitchell as a striker or out wide, Easton capable of playing wide left if and when we get down to the barebones. 

Im not seeing where he fits in at the moment.

We seem to be signing experienced and selected young players on 2 to 3 year deals

Which points very much to future planning and we may be player heavy in a couple of positions but as we all know things change throughout the season. 

I think he start to the season will be very interesting because it looks like every position is up for grabs (I know we don't have enough defenders yet) and these guys are going to have to be competitive and fit which is no bad thing.