The New Raith Rovers Thread

18 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

They definitely do, just because they haven’t signed a centre back yet, doesn’t mean they haven’t tried, they just haven’t been able to get one over the line for any number of reasons.

Sometimes it’s the way things work with signings, Murray will know he needs two centre backs and he obviously wants an attacker too (as well as other positions). But players don’t always join in chronological order of their level of need.

Just because Murray needs centre backs doesn’t mean if he has the opportunity to sign an attacker he wants (Smith) that he has to hit pause on that until he has his defenders in, otherwise he is missing out on players unnecessarily. As long as the right level of budget is reserved for two defenders, it doesn’t really matter what order they arrive in, as long as they are here in the next 5 weeks for the League Cup.

Oh come on, we all know that Murray isn't happy unless he starts the season with a central defensive crisis....

33 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Yeah, I heard the same, along with a goalkeeper (won’t say the name as I know some people like the surprise of a new signing being announced).

Definitely would suggest there is an outgoing. Ross or Gullan would be the obvious options, probably Ross most likely. It’s a hard one, he was injured most of last season and looked a million miles off it when he did play but there is very obviously a player in there, would like to see how he get on after a full pre season.

You don't have to say too much but will the keeper be someone more than capable of replacing and improving on McDonald. 

Smith would be another really good signing. Ross has not fulfilled his potential and maybe with an injury free close season he will discover his form but I wouldn't be too sad if he left. Gullan I like bit needs to realise he isn't a number 9 and needs to remain fit.

On Kyle Connell I was very critical when he signed and in my opinion has found his level. He was never good enough for us.

Finally please stop linking players with Falkirk Vaughan will be here next season.

1 minute ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

We'd snap your hand off for local lad Ethan Ross. Unfortunately we're a league too low now to make that happen I feel. The opportunity for FT football and being in his home city could be a draw. 

Rovers have so many options in the midfield areas. Interesting to see if all are retained or one/more released.

No offence to Ross, I know and we all know he has talent. Just think that injury has knocked his confidence. If he stays with us I’d like him to go to Cove on loan, that totally makes sense. 

Agree that based on the rumour that Smith is incoming does not mean one must be on the way out given the position(s) Smith plays LW and ST, after all we need to improve and increase the numbers in the squad. Last season we were extremely light on strikers and given the time Ross was out we really only had Easton who played on the left.

However if say we were to offload a player from the squad that plays in either of those positions then Ross would make sense based on high salary possibly and that if we were to sell him, then we are due Aberdeen a high percentage of whatever we got.

4 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

You don't have to say too much but will the keeper be someone more than capable of replacing and improving on McDonald. 

Smith would be another really good signing. Ross has not fulfilled his potential and maybe with an injury free close season he will discover his form but I wouldn't be too sad if he left. Gullan I like bit needs to realise he isn't a number 9 and needs to remain fit.

On Kyle Connell I was very critical when he signed and in my opinion has found his level. He was never good enough for us.

Finally please stop linking players with Falkirk Vaughan will be here next season.

Hoping it’s Dabrowski. Sim alluded to the fact that we need the Polish to come to games, and what better to have one of their own in goals cheering him on.

11 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Happy to PM anyone that wants the name, it could well be wrong, wouldn’t be the first time! I just know a few people commented when Hamilton signed how they really enjoyed the fact they had no clue until it was announced.

In my opinion yes, I think it is a really good signing and I’d imagine most people would be happy.

8 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Happy to PM anyone that wants the name, it could well be wrong, wouldn’t be the first time! I just know a few people commented when Hamilton signed how they really enjoyed the fact they had no clue until it was announced.

In my opinion yes, I think it is a really good signing and I’d imagine most people would be happy.

Pm away I love the transfer gossip

In terms of rumours about Smith signing and someone going. My money would also be on Ross, last season Murray was very encouraging about Gullan and talked him up a lot despite his clear fitness/injury issue. 

14 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Feel free bud happy to hear some gossip 

36 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Dont know what the finacial implications would be with Ross given the sell on fee to Aberdeen, but 50% of nowt is nowt, or Gullan how much did we pay for him,

Is it feasable that if anyone is going, it could be Vaughan ............... to Falkirk 

No reason it would have to be Vaughan that left. 

17 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Happy to PM anyone that wants the name, it could well be wrong, wouldn’t be the first time!

Moral of the story, don’t offer transfer gossip via PM’s if you want to get anything else done in an afternoon…:lol:

24 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Pm me pal, I’m an impatient old basturt😝😝