The New Raith Rovers Thread

30 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Stanger of Alloa who was mentioned a couple of weeks back has apparently agreed to sign for Ayr so that's another we can cross off the list. 

Yes , you can cross him off 

9 hours ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Behind a paywall, and I already pay good money for toilet roll.

On the subject of ground improvements, not this season but next........
Railway Stand, safe standing area......  Old concrete rip out, new terrace in.
Apparently being discussed. ;) 

I WILL be there if it happens.  Footy should be watched standing up and from the side of the pitch.  With the young team going in the SM Lighting stand (Railway Stand current seating) this will make for a decent atmosphere up the length of the pitch!

The issue with safe standing at the old railway stand is it would have to be droppedin height  at ground level or sit further back from the existing stand. A standing area without this would stop fans in the seats from seeing thier nearside of the pitch. 

7 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

The issue with safe standing at the old railway stand is it would have to be droppedin height  at ground level or sit further back from the existing stand. A standing area without this would stop fans in the seats from seeing thier nearside of the pitch. 

I'm sure it's no problem. The thing that impresses me with the new board is that they see solutions pretty damn quickly. 

I'd rather the back space of the old railway stand be a large sports bar with entrance to the terracing being on the slope at the corner of the stand. It could have glass frontage so it can be a proper function suite with pitch side views. 

6 hours ago, Raith69 said:

I have no insider info or anything TX, was only trying to gauge people's thoughts on him. I have no idea on his offer or his contract with Dundee.

Wasn’t suggesting you did…the “what’s the deal” was wondering out loud why he’s walking…just because they signed Shaughnessy?

13 hours ago, Raith_Rasta said:

Andy Barrowman and Davie Handcock are sound as f**k 🤝

At the severe risk of sounding like the chairman of the Davie Hancock fanclub, he's easily one of the soundest folk involved at the Rovers. 

Just a straight down the middle good guy.

Andy Barrowman's enthusiasm for what is to come is infectious as well. 

Good times. 

1 hour ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

At the severe risk of sounding like the chairman of the Davie Hancock fanclub, he's easily one of the soundest folk involved at the Rovers. 

Just a straight down the middle good guy.

Andy Barrowman's enthusiasm for what is to come is infectious as well. 

Good times. 

Davie makes it look and feel effortless. And all as volunteer who has just learned on the job as well. He puts many in the actual media who get paid to cover Scottish football to shame. We are lucky to have him. 

Edited by roverthemoon