The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 hours ago, CALDERON said:

The full spreadsheet has an extra column titled "Conservatory money" and about £6m next to Raith Rovers.

I just want the first hulking CB we bring in to be nicknamed “Cocaine Bear”.

1 minute ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Murray and Barrowman could still make signings if potter isn’t around if things are already agreed and in place as Barrowman says he expects a fair few signings before the players are back a week on Monday 

Be nice if we can get our business done early this season, last year was a bit of a scramble by the League Cup games. Obviously you need to wait if we’re using the loan market. 

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

Be nice if we can get our business done early this season, last year was a bit of a scramble by the League Cup games. Obviously you need to wait if we’re using the loan market. 

I think the question is do we get zero, one or two surprises. We still have to sign a GK and at least two CB. I think we have scope for an exciting signing at both GK and CB, but we don’t know if the budget will support that. Given last years less than satisfying CB performance, and the complete rejigger underway, I would normally say a (good) surprise at CB would be more likely. However, unless Jamma was on a crazy high salary (or wouldn’t agree to a one year deal), they mush have some plan to replace him as they let him walk away…the question is will that plan be a “wow”.

I can’t see the loan market being the big answer because of Barrowman’s recent comment. I could see a sorta meh GK choice and a splash CB paired with an “er, OK” CB, on the basis that Thomson/McNeil and Corr/Dick are around and the loan market will, as you note, not really be open for a few months,

Unless the player is pretty much guaranteed to be a non fixture for their parent club, loans don't tend to happen until preseason is over and plans have been formalised. I'd be confident they'll be of a good calibre given the signings so far and the chatter from within the club. They've been open and said if it's the right player like Hamilton then they'll be willing to push the boat out to go for it.