The New Raith Rovers Thread

Most footballers are fairly handy at golf, but not Adolf. He used to spent a lot of time in bunkers.

He'd have been quite handy to have around Starks just now though, could have helped paint the new dressing rooms.

Edited by Scottydog

9 hours ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

A local lad who went to KHS, born and bred Kirkcaldy. Makes it all the way to prime minister of the UK. 
Supports his team, stuck his hand in his pocket in their time of need. 
Narrated that fantastic video for free.

No opinion from me on politics as it’s utterly irrelevant and TBH shows a lack of awareness / intelligence for those even thinking it’s relevant.

When you sit in the south stand you’ll be sat next to someone with polar opposite views on important subjects, is that how you’ll judge them?

I keep it simple - are they a ‘guid c*nt’ or no. Gordon put in thousands when we needed it, I’m happy with that. 

Just to be pedantic, Brown wasn’t born in Kirkcaldy.  He was born in Renfrewshire and moved to Kirkcaldy aged 3.

Personally I’ve zero time for him politically after some of the pish he came out with during the referendum but fair fucks if as a Rovers fan he wants to help the Rovers out.  So unless he’s planning on making political points during the video His political views are pretty irrelevant to Raith Rovers Football Club. 

59 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Just to be pedantic, Brown wasn’t born in Kirkcaldy.  He was born in Renfrewshire and moved to Kirkcaldy aged 3.

Personally I’ve zero time for him politically after some of the pish he came out with during the referendum but fair fucks if as a Rovers fan he wants to help the Rovers out.  So unless he’s planning on making political points during the video His political views are pretty irrelevant to Raith Rovers Football Club. 

What about the pensioners though?

9 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

500 season tickets sold already is decent, anyone know total season tickets we shifted last season? 

As of 8th July last year it was 1210. Nothing I can see after that confirming exactly how many but maybe someone has mentioned it at one of the meetings ? 

I’m more interested to know how many of the 500 are under 12s. More season tickets doesn’t always mean more money 

21 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

As of 8th July last year it was 1210. Nothing I can see after that confirming exactly how many but maybe someone has mentioned it at one of the meetings ? 

I’m more interested to know how many of the 500 are under 12s. More season tickets doesn’t always mean more money 

It says 500 sold, so considering under 12 tickets are free with a paying adult ticket i'm guessing none are included in the total. Might be wrong though

1 minute ago, pantene proV said:

It says 500 sold, so considering under 12 tickets are free with a paying adult ticket i'm guessing none are included in the total. Might be wrong though

This was my thinking too but would be good to see a breakdown, although I don’t think the club have ever given us a breakdown of age categories so I don’t expect it now 

Dylan McGowen has left Killie/Accies, might be in consideration as an experienced CB? Most of the other experienced CB’s we saw this last year are already signed elsewhere. Of course, he might well be back off to Oz.

Heard today we may be interested in Jack Healy at East Fife. Not heard anything about him but I'm sure it will be as a squad player rather than 1st team starter if we did sign him.

Also speaking to a Hibs season ticket holder who was surprised they let Dabrowski go. He seemed to rate him.

31 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Heard today we may be interested in Jack Healy at East Fife. Not heard anything about him but I'm sure it will be as a squad player rather than 1st team starter if we did sign him.

Also speaking to a Hibs season ticket holder who was surprised they let Dabrowski go. He seemed to rate him.

Healy is an interesting rumour as he’s primarily a left side midfielder/winger…but it’s a big level jump.

The Dabrowski release makes me wonder if he doesn’t intend to play outside Scotland.

43 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Us buy a player from East Fife? 

Shurely shome mishtake...

1 hour ago, raith1974 said:

Isn’t Healy a winger and we’ve got enough of those unless like you say a squad player