The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Hi.

Can any of the Rovers historians tell me who played no.14 in this kit please? 

This was the kit before my first one, the Mercat Shopping Centre one.Screenshot_20230603_181201_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5d8029956feacf22a26285a5ccceb17a.jpg

I assume there would have been various wearers of the number 14 in the days before squad numbers. I have a few Scottish Football yearbooks from the 80s, I'll have a look and see if I have any from that season and who might have worn it.

8 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Hi.

This was the kit before my first one, the Mercat Shopping Centre one.Screenshot_20230603_181201_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5d8029956feacf22a26285a5ccceb17a.jpg

Really liked that strip, think that might have been my first season going to Stark’s Park. 

I guess the 14 shirt would have had a few folk wearing it throughout the season, as the subs were always 12 and 14 if I mind right. 

45 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Hi.

The player that season who was the most listed second sub was Chris Candlish according to the Always next Season book.

Hope this helps.

48 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Hi.

I don’t know why but this strip reminds me of Jim Marshall

5 hours ago, raith1974 said:

Heard today we may be interested in Jack Healy at East Fife. Not heard anything about him but I'm sure it will be as a squad player rather than 1st team starter if we did sign him.

Also speaking to a Hibs season ticket holder who was surprised they let Dabrowski go. He seemed to rate him.

4 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Us buy a player from East Fife? 

Shurely shome mishtake...

3 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

With him being an East Fife player, I've obviously never heard of Healy but if he's an attacking midfielder I can't see the logic in signing him at all. 

Jack Healy, is a good player who will improve with good coaching and help from senior players. Don't be so stupid about him coming from East Fife. Never forget one of the BEST Rovers players came from Methilhill 

59 minutes ago, tazz1903 said:

Jack Healy, is a good player who will improve with good coaching and help from senior players. Don't be so stupid about him coming from East Fife. Never forget one of the BEST Rovers players came from Methilhill 

He'll certainty get better coaching at RR, personally I would never diss a player we get directly from EF 

1 hour ago, tazz1903 said:

I think you'll find Alex James was from Bellshill and Jim Baxter was from Hill Of Beith, easy mistake to make kiddo.

Mind you there have been so many greats in our 140 year history there's bound to have been at least 1 decent player from along by.

1 minute ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I’ve seen Killie have released a few players the likes of Stokes, McGowan, Waters, Robinson and a few others would any take the names mentioned at rovers? 

I think McGlynn was really keen on Robinson a couple of seasons back, but we couldn't compete with Killie's offer. 

Having just looked there, I'm surprised to see he's only 31. I thought he was at least a couple of years older than that. Less than 1,000 minutes of football in each of the last two seasons doesn't speak to a great resilience, though. 

I suspect someone in the Championship will take the gamble on him, but I doubt it'll be us.