The New Raith Rovers Thread

All under 12 for free is a great idea especially if your a parent you will make a saving and it might encourage more adults to come , So far the signings have been cracking and even better getting them on long term deals .  The pricing won’t satisfy everyone however look at the new league season we will need to be more competitive just to finish in a decent league position . Some fans will moan due to personal circumstances / lack of finance however what do the Rovers do price to suit a minority or price accordingly to suit the majority to make sure we have a competitive team to watch who may well be battling for a play off position at the end of the season . The fans wanted change we have it , we wanted decent signings we have got them ( so far ) so now it’s over to the fans to now back the team cause I certainly don’t want to watch guys like Akio , Fredriksen, Concalves and the likes  

39 minutes ago, basher brash said:

All under 12 for free is a great idea especially if your a parent you will make a saving and it might encourage more adults to come , So far the signings have been cracking and even better getting them on long term deals .  The pricing won’t satisfy everyone however look at the new league season we will need to be more competitive just to finish in a decent league position . Some fans will moan due to personal circumstances / lack of finance however what do the Rovers do price to suit a minority or price accordingly to suit the majority to make sure we have a competitive team to watch who may well be battling for a play off position at the end of the season . The fans wanted change we have it , we wanted decent signings we have got them ( so far ) so now it’s over to the fans to now back the team cause I certainly don’t want to watch guys like Akio , Fredriksen, Concalves and the likes  

Yup, quality signings come at a price. Everything is expensive now. We just have to get used to that fact. It can’t just be Raith Rovers, it’s every where. 

8 hours ago, Wardy said:

Do St. Johnstone have a tiered system for the old firm games? If you do, I’d imagine you wouldn’t be the only club either?

We charge them £28 while making increasingly convulated discounts for home fans to get in for £24.

Its always great fun when their fans click 😂

1 hour ago, basher brash said:

The pricing won’t satisfy everyone

Of the released prices, we’re lower than DU, Morton and the Pars…higher than Arbroath. Ayr only has early-bird right now, but the regular price will likely be just below us. Queens Park are likely to be just below us too, and Airdrie are a wildcard, but will likely be lower. Ross or Partick will likely be more expensive than us. Everyone’s PATG will likely be in the £20-25 range, except DU, who are at £500 for their most expensive ST, suggesting at least £30 at the gate.

I don’t particularly like the matchday prices but that isn’t a Raith Rovers issue, it’s a British football issue. We could stand principled and cap at £20 forever more or move with everyone else. Morton were £22 last season for the worst away end in the league, even Arbroath went to £22 for the stand. QP and Ayr were also at £20 last season and I’d be surprised if they stayed there. 

Kids are also free on matchdays  with a paying adult, so really the adult rise is just subsidising that. I’m sure we can all agree getting more kids into Scottish football is a good thing whether you directly benefit or not. 

The season ticket is tremendous value. 

The gate prices are a bit crap, admittedly, but look at the world around you - everything has gone up and a lot of it by more than 10%. It feels like we've been staring at the psychological £20 barrier for quite a number of years now and, unfortunately, it was always going to be breached. Club's costs have gone up, players will want more money to keep up with high inflation; we can't keep the prices where they were forever. 

There is at least the sweetener of U12s being free with a paying adult.

I've no idea why some people think that football should be immune to inflation. Nobody is happy about the situation as mentioned but we're just being realistic. There's pretty much always something people find to grumble about. Last season it was because friendlies weren't converted in the season ticket and that the bring a friend for a fiver wasn't available on concessions. 

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Somewhat disappointed that there’s no home friendlies this season, so we can’t have the same argument as every other year about why they aren’t included in the season ticket. 

Friendlies are a great barometer for how much of a wet wipe footballing fans are. An example is when Falkirk beat us 6-2 during the COVID season and some their fans were giving it big licks. They're an absolute irrelevant fitness test. If they could, I'd be delighted if we just kept them behind closed doors in future so that we can save on stewarding costs. 

Can’t say I’m shocked the prices are increasing as everything seems to be going up these days (wages excluded) and we were not exactly the highest last season with Morton I recall charging £22.  Never been a fan of Category matches but I guess at this level you need to maximise revenue where you can and bigger games always attract more walk up home fans and away supports. Soon find out if the prices are right or not by the attendances next season. 

14 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Can’t say I’m shocked the prices are increasing as everything seems to be going up these days (wages excluded) and we were not exactly the highest last season with Morton I recall charging £22.  Never been a fan of Category matches but I guess at this level you need to maximise revenue where you can and bigger games always attract more walk up home fans and away supports. Soon find out if the prices are right or not by the attendances next season. 

Dundee was 24 quid I think for an adult last season 

44 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

I just naturally assumed that the Cat 1 price was due to paying for additional policing, security, mobile CCTV,, associated with the much larger crowds for those 2 matches. Both these games could easily go into the 4-5,000 bracket.

Theres a lot of work going on to upgrade the stadium. That doesn't come free. And as mentioned, inflation is another key factor. Costs will be up, Electrictiy will be massively up on a couple of years ago, and not coming down any time soon. Players, when renegotiating their contracts, and club staff will also be well within their rights to ask for wage rises relative to inflation. Nothing is getting cheaper just now. Not sure why people expect football clubs to be immune to that. 

Edited by GhostZapper