The New Raith Rovers Thread

26 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

If signing 3 players is buying the league, I hope we sign a few more just in case 😂😂😂😂

Hardly buying the league. Merely signing Championship players to put a team out on the park. Dylan Corr, Celtic youth, Scott McGill Hearts youth, Jack Hamilton best seasons in Championship football, Josh Mullin Ayr player. When you have 14 signed players including 4 youth players you need to sign a few players. 

43 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Wants a 3 year deal and a charging socket.

How about a parking lot charging spot and a Cat6 wired cubby?

2 hours ago, Raithie said:

Hibs Tweeted that Dabrowski has been released. 3 year contract, make it happen Rovers. 

That’s one I wouldn’t be behind. Two years, if necessary for the deal, would be my limit here, since he isn’t proven at this level. This last year he started 13 games in League One and allowed 20 goals, with just 2 clean sheets. He also spent nine games unavailable due to a shoulder separation. Honestly, a one year deal, with an appearance trigger for a second (or even third year) would make much more sense.

Imagine the benchmark for buying the league is constructing an undersized stadium for the top flight.

3 year contracts are an incentive to the player, it's not as if we give them 3 years wages up front, the money is in the projected budget.

17 minutes ago, TxRover said:

How about a parking lot charging spot and a Cat6 wired cubby?

That’s one I wouldn’t be behind. Two years, if necessary for the deal, would be my limit here, since he isn’t proven at this level. This last year he started 13 games in League One and allowed 20 goals, with just 2 clean sheets. He also spent nine games unavailable due to a shoulder separation. Honestly, a one year deal, with an appearance trigger for a second (or even third year) would make much more sense.

I would much prefer Sneddon over Dabrowski if at all possible because he’s played at this level and has been pretty good for partick up until his injury. 

thomson has said he’s happy being a No2 and McNeil isn’t ready for being a first choice GK after having a grand total of (6) games in his career so far but we will have wait and see what Murray, Potter and Barrowman have planned for the GK situation. 

1 minute ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I would much prefer Sneddon over Dabrowski if at all possible because he’s played at this level and has been pretty good for partick up until his injury. 

thomson has said he’s happy being a No2 and McNeil isn’t ready for being a first choice GK after having a grand total of (6) games in his career so far but we will have wait and see what Murray, Potter and Barrowman have planned for the GK situation. 

I’ll be honest, if we start the year with McNeil playing a bit to see if he’s ready, and Thomson available if he’s not, I won’t panic (too much). Keeper is a role with a huge potential for a bad miss, especially if a multi-year contract is necessary to get the deal done. A good keeper with one team might not mesh as well with another team, so if the team aren’t certain…

We will be in a position, if we wait with McNeal and Thomson, to seek a keeper loan from a top level club with some assured playing time…not ideal, but a good fallback.

4 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

It's not going to happen with Dabrowski,  Tx say no as it'll cost to much for the parking, the charger and a cat6 on top of his wages 

Ach well onto the next target then

Jimmy, you perhaps have Scottish Power? Just wondering…try Octupus.

3 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Brian Schwake is out of contract, what he like 

Apparently he’s been on trial at Brighton according to a few reports so don’t know what’s actually happening on that front….

but from what I’ve seen from him is that he’s a very capable keeper for this league and could improve as he’s still quite young 

2 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Apparently he’s been on trial at Brighton according to a few reports so don’t know what’s actually happening on that front….

but from what I’ve seen from him is that he’s a very capable keeper for this league and could improve as he’s still quite young 

It just surprised me that Morton weren't in for him ................... Yet

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

I’ll be honest, if we start the year with McNeil playing a bit to see if he’s ready, and Thomson available if he’s not, I won’t panic (too much). Keeper is a role with a huge potential for a bad miss, especially if a multi-year contract is necessary to get the deal done. A good keeper with one team might not mesh as well with another team, so if the team aren’t certain…

We will be in a position, if we wait with McNeal and Thomson, to seek a keeper loan from a top level club with some assured playing time…not ideal, but a good fallback.

😂😂 always finding a way to get the young players in, I don’t think  that will happen @TxRover and think we will sign a number 1 keeper