The New Raith Rovers Thread

18 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Not quite sure that's a signing we actually needed, but it's a bloody good one. 

A goalkeeper, two CBs and an LB ideally to come. Spencer the only real unknown now, although if he goes I wouldn't bother putting the money into midfield I don't think. GK and a couple of decent CBs the main areas of focus. 

If Spencer goes we don’t have to really worry got Matthews who plays there and most likely McGill as well 

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

In which case, this would seem unlikely. 

1 hour ago, Pick that one out Marshall said:

Usally injured tbf but did score a cracker against DUNGdee

Well, don’t speak too soon…

Edited by TxRover

I'll refrain from getting too excited until I see how we recruit with regards to goalkeeper and centre backs, but that's a significant step forward with regards to attacking options.

Edited by CALDERON

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

I'll refrain from getting too excited until I see how we recruit with regards to goalkeeper and centre backs, but that's a significant step forward with regards to attacking options.

Centre backs are an anachronism. Murrayball has taken a new evolutionary step. Two centre halfs just means you can't use your four wingers. No more! 

48 minutes ago, Michael W said:

It seems he wasn't offered a deal. Whether that's because we decided not to keep him or if he has something else lined up, no-one knows. 

I thought he was decent and would've kept him. He is a bit rash sometimes however, although he definitely has enough in his game that he'd have done well alongside an experienced CB. As it was, he was the senior CB in the team having returned from a year out with an ACL. 

I thought he was offered a year extension? His goodbye tweet seemed to imply it was his decision.

6 minutes ago, renton said:

I thought he was offered a year extension? His goodbye tweet seemed to imply it was his decision.

He may well have been. I'm only going on the list Scott Burns published on who had been offered deals, with Lang conspicuously absent alongside Nolan. 

Just now, lgb61 said:

Mullin signing doesn't excite me as much as a decent keeper or big mobile centre back with positional sense and no need to dive in would

I’m sure that’s next on the list. But we need an experienced head at the back. I mentioned Ashcroft. But there might be better. I’d also like us to look at Kevin Dabrowski

14 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

I’m sure that’s next on the list. But we need an experienced head at the back. I mentioned Ashcroft. But there might be better. I’d also like us to look at Kevin Dabrowski

See I wouldn’t mind Ashcroft but have some like 25/26/27 next to him that’s also good but I could see him staying with Dundee 

The Raith Rovers FC Board of Directors have collectively agreed to vote “No” to the Conference League proposal at the SFA AGM on June 6th 2023.

Although we embrace fresh ideas aimed at enhancing the overall structure and progress of Scottish football, we believe that this particular proposal falls short in terms of providing improvement.

Instead, it presents a potential for unfairness towards a significant number of clubs competing below tier four.

2 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Centre backs are an anachronism. Murrayball has taken a new evolutionary step. Two centre halfs just means you can't use your four wingers. No more! 

4-1-4-1, anyone? Or 3-2-4-1…

Would we have signed Corr if we didn’t intend to play him?

Would we be willing to play Corr without an experienced CB next to him?

Have management shown they have a play and are executing it swiftly behind the scenes?

I say the answers are No, Perhaps, Yes…which suggests to me they have a bold move for an experienced CB in the works. Maybe tomorrow will be another beautiful day…but more likely Monday. The next question is why not announce season tickets now with this buzz?

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

Have management shown they have a play and are executing it swiftly behind the scenes?

I say the answers are No, Perhaps, Yes…which suggests to me they have a bold move for an experienced CB in the works. Maybe tomorrow will be another beautiful day…but more likely Monday. The next question is why not announce season tickets now with this buzz?

I honestly think Corr and Liam Dick will be squad players this season when we get our weekly injury crisis and be called on or even rotational players…

everyone knows we need an older commanding CH who’s also a leader and someone else who’s in there Mid-late 20s I think Murray has realised he can’t take a gamble on relatively young/inexperienced CHs after last season 

25 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Club seem to be doing everything right just now. This is weird. 

I've got to hand it to them, I'm really having to work harder than I'd like to find something to be negative about at the moment. 

22 minutes ago, TxRover said:

We need at least 3 CHs at the club so yes he will definitely play but will be part of at least 3 CHs. I fully expect at least one experienced CH to be signed along with another.

Season tickets surely will be announced very shortly as there is a real real feel good factor.