The New Raith Rovers Thread

Anytime I’ve seen Mullin play it’s was on the right wing.

If it is him will be interesting to see how Murray lines up as Connolly is a guaranteed starter in that position.

A goalkeeper and CB of good standard and we’ll have a delightful looking starting 11 😍

3 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

If it is him will be interesting to see how Murray lines up as Connolly is a guaranteed starter in that position.

A goalkeeper and CB of good standard and we’ll have a delightful looking starting 11 😍

Mullin can also play on the left as well and also in the No10 role 

3 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Mullin/Connolly/Ross/Easton must be about as good a stable as you could ask for in terms of wide players in the Championship. 

Last season there were a good few times you could hear how frustrated Murray was that Connolly was often having to do the work himself. Hopefully Mullin and Ross can both get good preseasons under their belt and kick on.

1 minute ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Mullin/Connolly/Ross/Easton must be about as good a stable as you could ask for in terms of wide players in the Championship. 

Also add in Stanton, Vaughan and Easton who can all play in the AM role as well, but I still say we need a bit more height maybe a tall CM like what Davo was and we still need at least 2 CHs, a GK and a LB then fill the rest of the squad with Loans 

Just now, Broken Algorithms said:

Last season there were a good few times you could hear how frustrated Murray was that Connolly was often having to do the work himself. Hopefully Mullin and Ross can both get good preseasons under their belt and kick on.

My only criticism of Easton was that he tried to make things happen but he spent to much time on the ball when a simple pass inside was the option or he’d tried beat his man when it wasn’t on but I think he’s still could be key this season whether that’s in the 10 or on the left 

3 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

A choice of Connolly, Mullin, Easton, Ross, Stanton and Vaughan for the 3 positions behind Jack Hamilton really is excellent. The likes of McGill and Gullan are also capable of playing there too.

10 goals for Mullin last season, hopefully along with Hamilton, they can take some of the goal scoring burden off Connolly.

50 minutes ago, RavyDavy said:

Everyone's gonna be raging when Jamie Barjonas is announced 😂

I won't be.

He was with us years ago. He will be a different player now. If the same people who think Jack Hamilton is a good fit think Barjonas is too, I'll support it and reserve any judgement until he's settled in and played a good few games.

You know, like an adult.

If it’s Mullin, then I think perhaps,we’re planning on either keeping Spencer or using McGill and Stanton as the second DM. That would be disappointing for a Stanton, as he’s a much better AM…but, we’ll see if he isn’t cover for a Brown/McGill pairing if that’s the case. If we also keep Spencer after getting Hamilton and Mullin, it would be mental…in a good way.

8 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

I won't be.

He was with us years ago. He will be a different player now. If the same people who think Jack Hamilton is a good fit think Barjonas is too, I'll support it and reserve any judgement until he's settled in and played a good few games.

You know, like an adult.

“Like an adult”, mods, please…this gentleman has no place on an opinion board. Who are you, and what have you done with Brashy?

8 minutes ago, TxRover said:

If it’s Mullin, then I think perhaps,we’re planning on either keeping Spencer or using McGill and Stanton as the second DM. That would be disappointing for a Stanton, as he’s a much better AM…but, we’ll see if he isn’t cover for a Brown/McGill pairing if that’s the case. If we also keep Spencer after getting Hamilton and Mullin, it would be mental…in a good way.

Matthews will be the DM next to brown if Spencer goes that’s his best position 

4 minutes ago, AuAl said:

3 year deal apparently.

That's assuming it is you lot.

A 3 year deal for someone who’s 30? Bit steep I thought maybe a 2 year with an option of a 3rd…. If it is a 3 year deal then it I’ll give him job security 

10 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Matthews will be the DM next to brown if Spencer goes that’s his best position 

I thought that before, but Matthews has been toward the middle/forward and right most often, and Brown is deep right. Perhaps it’ll work out…these lads seem to know what they’re about.

Edited by TxRover

10 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I thought that before, but Matthews has been toward the middle/forward and right most often, and Brown is deep right. Perhaps it’ll work out…these lads seem to know what they’re about.

Matthews is 100% more suited to being  a defensive midfielder - plenty energy, disrupts and breaks down play and can link play too. 

With the options we’ve got and potentially will have, I can’t see him playing further forward advanced as it’s not his game. 

As soon as Connolly re-signed, I presumed we'd cool our interest in Mullin, if there'd been any truth in it to start with. Obviously we need more strength in depth, but two (presumably expensive) options for the same position seems unusual. 

In terms of saying he can play wide left or centrally, I'm sure he can at a push, but overwhelmingly his performances throughout his career have come wide on the right. 

Chuffed with the signing, but interested to see how we fit him in. 

2 hours ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Played left side against us at Somerset Park - then switched with Chalmers just before Ayr scored