The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

38 games last season, 4 goals. Seems the sort of 'striker' we'd sign right enough. 

Decent effort tbf, should get a few bites…

C’mon mate, admit you had a wee smile on your face when you saw the news?

7 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

38 games last season, 4 goals. Seems the sort of 'striker' we'd sign right enough. 

You could have also tried “if he was let go by Livi he can’t be that good” or “I was hoping for Hendry, so this is a bit of a letdown”

6 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

He absolutely smashed apart all comers in the Scottish Championship playing for us.  Plus of those 38 games, how many were starts?  He's an absolutely fantastic player, and in his second loan to us, he was noticeably improved as an all rounder.  Give him service, and he will fire you to the playoffs at the absolute least.  I'm gutted you've signed him.  He's a brilliant player, don't ruin him!

12 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

On the Twitter Hartlepool fans are giving him good luck, and they think he has loads of potential.  A think with being at a bottom end team in english league 2 his feeding wasn’t great, but with rovers a championship team aiming for top 5, and am soz to say English conference level he will have better freedom to do his thing and be 3 steps ahead of championship defenders.  In a nutshell Hartlepool fans are optimistic for him and no saying thank f**k, he’s away 

12 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Anyone know if JH hasa clause allowing him to move if we don't get promoted?

Asking for a P***s fan.

Given Livi got a sell-on clause, it wouldn’t make sense…

35 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

And that’s English League Two…go back a year to Scottish Championship…

7 goals and 3 assists in 1,287 minutes…or a goal every 2 games and an assist every 5 games

…go back another year, again the Scottish Championship…

8 goals in 1,190 minutes…or a little over a goal every 2 games

….go back another year, again in the Scottish Championship…

4 goals and 1 assist in 1,076 minutes…or a goal every 3 games

Looks pretty decent for us. We could be cynical and suggest that means the “village idiots” see us in the Championship for at least two more years, since he didn’t succeed at Livi, but regardless, he’s a solid talent at our current level, and a “target man” by all definitions. I’m kinda hoping the new management team embrace the “village idiot” idea…they could have a lot of fun with it.

30 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Decent effort tbf, should get a few bites…

C’mon mate, admit you had a wee smile on your face when you saw the news?

I'm just relieved it's not Jack Hamilton the goalkeeper we've signed....

26 minutes ago, Enigma said:

You could have also tried “if he was let go by Livi he can’t be that good” or “I was hoping for Hendry, so this is a bit of a letdown”

Even I'm not going to criticise us for not signing Hendry. That's fantasy stuff and crazy that anyone thinks it's realistic. 

19 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Exactly the type of boring post everyone expected.

Shouldn't have bothered asking what I thought then, eh... 

16 minutes ago, Raith_Rasta said:

On the Twitter Hartlepool fans are giving him good luck, and they think he has loads of potential.  A think with being at a bottom end team in english league 2 his feeding wasn’t great, but with rovers a championship team aiming for top 5, and am soz to say English conference level he will have better freedom to do his thing and be 3 steps ahead of championship defenders.  In a nutshell Hartlepool fans are optimistic for him and no saying thank f**k, he’s away 

I watched the league 2 play off final yesterday and the standard was dire. The one area they are miles ahead of Scottish Championship clubs though is their physical size. Almost all of them looked massive. Maybe Gordon Strachan was right after all... 

Spoiler

hamilton2.thumb.png.3daa27e45bc6bca45802fcd8eb635a87.png

hamilton1.thumb.png.7358658b02670c2e518303c9e4f7fcc8.png

Great in terms of goalscoring/aerial ability in the past at this level. Struggled a bit more for goals at Hartlepool. 

Maybe not the best in possession and likely why he struggled to ever make the grade at Livi? They seem to prefer a striker who can link play, which doesn't seem to be Hamiltons style.

10 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'm just relieved it's not Jack Hamilton the goalkeeper we've signed....

Even I'm not going to criticise us for not signing Hendry. That's fantasy stuff and crazy that anyone thinks it's realistic. 

Shouldn't have bothered asking what I thought then, eh... 

I watched the league 2 play off final yesterday and the standard was dire. The one area they are miles ahead of Scottish Championship clubs though is their physical size. Almost all of them looked massive. Maybe Gordon Strachan was right after all... 

give him breathing space bro. You’re a dude that says bad things in hope to be proven wrong in a twist o fate, and i get that. 

That's as good a striker as we can realistically expect to sign.  Great stuff.

Wee bit nervous about a 3 year deal given recent experiences,  but it's a show of intent.

Edited by CALDERON

Fantastic signing and shows me that this board mean business. Most Championship sides will be disappointed we have pulled of this signing. His presence alone upfront should greatly assist the freedom that Vaughan or Gullan need. If we can just ensure we get good balls in from either flank. So looking forward to our next new signing.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hide contents

hamilton2.thumb.png.3daa27e45bc6bca45802fcd8eb635a87.png

hamilton1.thumb.png.7358658b02670c2e518303c9e4f7fcc8.png

Great in terms of goalscoring/aerial ability in the past at this level. Struggled a bit more for goals at Hartlepool. 

Maybe not the best in possession and likely why he struggled to ever make the grade at Livi? They seem to prefer a striker who can link play, which doesn't seem to be Hamiltons style.

Those stats are interesting, because the 2022 version of Jack Hamilton looks worse, but to the naked eye, he looked much better second time around.  He was bigger, stronger, more involved with the play. 

2 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Fantastic signing and shows me that this board mean business. Most Championship sides will be disappointed we have pulled of this signing. His presence alone upfront should greatly assist the freedom that Vaughan or Gullan need. If we can just ensure we get good balls in from either flank. So looking forward to our next new signing.

👀