The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, Scary Bear said:

For me personally, as soon as this sort of thing happens, they have to win me back again. At the moment he is a new start again who I am immediately wary of.

Just chill. Jesus. 

6 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

When you boil that down, why bother with lower league Scottish football? No one wants to be there.

it’s unfortunate. When this happens, the best for everyone is that they move on. Now I’m just waiting for him to either be sacked (more likely) or move on. I no longer believe he’s in with us for the journey.

What the f**k is 'the journey'?

35 minutes ago, Dalziel8 said:

I’m of a slightly similar opinion myself. On one hand he’s in the press telling us all how wonderful it is having the new owners and the new management structure while he’s applying for other jobs on the sly. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt and give him a chance to build a better squad than he managed last season. If it doesn’t start well though then yeah… f**k him!

Tbf to Murray he never applied for the Dundee job, Dundee approached him and the club to begin talks obviously the board could’ve rejected the request but allowed it so Murray done it….but he better hit the ground running in the new season now. 

Edited by RRFC_Liam

Just now, Wardy said:

Just chill. Jesus. 

Leave a no-mark game early - pathetic. Want to f**k off to Dundee - no bother chief.

See if I ever meet any of you c***s, we will never agree on anything.

20 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Does that matter? Whether he applied or was headhunted he wanted to be offski.

Says who? Do you know that he would have accepted an offer from Dundee? I’ve been to interviews and been offered jobs only to turn them down after further discussions. Murray hasn’t done a Kevin Thomson and leave with no job lined up, nor has he done a Yogi and get himself all over the media saying he wants a new gig. 

The club was approached, they agreed, Murray spoke to them and now he isn’t in the running. Who knows what was said. Let’s not jump to conclusions here. For once the club is going in the right direction, let’s not get bogged down in stuff made up in your head. 

Why do people treat football like it's totally different from a normal job?   If another company was to contact you and offered you more money for doing the same job are you going to tell them to piss off out of some weird loyalty to your current employer?  Of course you're not, you'll at the very least hear what they have to offer.

Murray and any other footballer/manager is the exact same.  They have bills to pay just like everybody else, and if they can make more money somewhere else then at the very least they're going to look at their options.  I don't really see why it's something to get upset about.  

10 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

Says who? Do you know that he would have accepted an offer from Dundee? I’ve been to interviews and been offered jobs only to turn them down after further discussions. Murray hasn’t done a Kevin Thomson and leave with no job lined up, nor has he done a Yogi and get himself all over the media saying he wants a new gig. 

The club was approached, they agreed, Murray spoke to them and now he isn’t in the running. Who knows what was said. Let’s not jump to conclusions here. For once the club is going in the right direction, let’s not get bogged down in stuff made up in your head. 

If he didn’t want to be offski he wouldn’t have gone to the interview.

42 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Either way, this is what happens. “Ah well, he’s away. Good luck to him.” Then he’s not chosen. Then it’s all good? In reality we’re then thinking, he wants away.

Not really we don’t know what his thoughts were after the interview, I have been for interviews and thought no chance am I working under that afterwards. He wanted to speak to them, he did and hasn’t got the job. We move on and build for the season ( if he does it again soon before his contract is up I might not be so charitable and guess the board won’t be either)

2 minutes ago, Right in the Stanchion said:

Random one but what does the appointment of Potter mean for that guy you brought in as scout when Murray first came in?

I’d forgotten all about him tbh. I’m not sure what his official connection was to the club. Was he actually employed by us or was he a freelance scout that Murray just liked to use?

Given the standard of player signed during the season I don’t think he will be much of a loss anyway!

59 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Leave a no-mark game early - pathetic. Want to f**k off to Dundee - no bother chief.

See if I ever meet any of you c***s, we will never agree on anything.

Wow. 😂 

30 minutes ago, Dalziel8 said:

I’d forgotten all about him tbh. I’m not sure what his official connection was to the club. Was he actually employed by us or was he a freelance scout that Murray just liked to use?

Given the standard of player signed during the season I don’t think he will be much of a loss anyway!

Fair enough. What you say makes sense cos I heard that he was someone Stuart Millar brought in and there was another boy at Airdrie that Murray had that was doing all the graft (and is still ther I think) which makes me wonder 

46 minutes ago, Dalziel8 said:

I'm not sure if the scout was ever brought in to scout players for potential transfers my understanding is he scouted opponents, tactics etc for up coming games. 

1 hour ago, Offshore Rover said:

Yes, for all we know, he could've went there, had the interview and turned them down.