The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Would be surprised if we re-signed Lang tbh. He barely got on the pitch during his first spell and we'll likely have Bene, Breen and Fisher ahead of him at CB.

Also if you lot sign Euan Murray as well he might be what 4th/5th choice CH (Lang that is) 

My abiding memory of Euan Murray will always be him backing off Bobby Linn for a what felt like about 50 yards when we played them at home. I’m sure if we signed him and he played at centre half he’d be more than capable, but I’ll never forget watching that. 

Yeah, Euan Murray strikes me as being one of those players that suffers a bit from own player bias, where we tend to overrate our own. Can't say I really had an issue with him when he was here, but I've not been impressed watching him play against us. Perhaps I overlooked the shortcomings. 

Edited by Michael W

Wonder if we will maybe offer terms to any of the three players leaving Hearts. Think Gary Mackay Steven could be the winger we need, and Ross Stewart could fill the goalkeeping position maybe and having Michael Smith could give us full-back cover.

11 minutes ago, Raith69 said:

Wonder if we will maybe offer terms to any of the three players leaving Hearts. Think Gary Mackay Steven could be the winger we need, and Ross Stewart could fill the goalkeeping position maybe and having Michael Smith could give us full-back cover.

Can't see us signing any of them other than maybe Ross Stewart. I'd expect both Smith and GMS to be on the radar of top flight clubs.